- remove intake manifold
- replace all rubber parts
- clean ICV
- replace valve cover gasket

So far, I've got the following:
- intake manifold gaskets (6 pcs)
- throttle body gasket (1 pc)
- injector O-rings (12 pcs)
- valve cover mounting bolt rubber seals (10 pcs)
- intake boot to ICV rubber hose

What else should I do, while I'm at it and my intake manifold is removed? Any suggestions from the experts?

Also, can you give me some advice on changing gaskets and O-rings - what to use as a lube, etc?

Interceptor
11-16-2005, 01:19 AM
BUMP!

C'mon guys, weekend is almost here, don't leave me stranded! :)

GAM
11-16-2005, 01:24 PM
9- Ported intake manifold
This is a great upgrade, a must do if you have to remove the intake to change the gasket or rebuild the cylinder head. The intake is restricted and doesn't match the holes in the cylinder head.
This upgrade + headers is a great combo. This will give you some extra power in the upper RPM range.

Don't go Dinan, as this is waste of money. Get a local shop to modify it for you.

BmwE34.net recommendation: Easy and cheap modification.
HP gains: 0 to 2?Hp
Avg. Price: from $100 up.

Interceptor
11-16-2005, 03:42 PM
9- Ported intake manifold
This is a great upgrade, a must do if you have to remove the intake to change the gasket or rebuild the cylinder head. The intake is restricted and doesn't match the holes in the cylinder head.
This upgrade + headers is a great combo. This will give you some extra power in the upper RPM range.

Don't go Dinan, as this is waste of money. Get a local shop to modify it for you.

BmwE34.net recommendation: Easy and cheap modification.
HP gains: 0 to 2?Hp
Avg. Price: from $100 up.
Yeah, I know that, but I don't want to do it, since M50 intake manifold is not as restrictive as M30 is, and I don't want to sacrifice low end power/torque since 99% of my driving is around town.

Anyway, thanks for replying, it's good to know that at least one person read the post :)

DanDombrowski
11-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Are you suggesting that I take a grinder to my plastic manifold?

632 Regal
11-16-2005, 05:23 PM
sonic blast