PDA

View Full Version : Oh mercy, Think I got the Trans Prog

RIPDOTCOM
11-15-2005, 07:26 AM
I do not have the Trans Program Error message on the display but my 93 525i is exibiting the same exact problems noted on
bmwe34.net Anyway, my wife tells me that the car seems to be sluggish so i took it out last night and it ran fine... Then on my way back from the store (after it warmed up) it had no power, definitely 3rd gear. No message but basically if the car is cold it runs like a champ, after warming up it will sometimes go into limp mode. The only error code I can pull is 1231 Battery Voltage/DME Main Relay. I am pretty good with mechanical problems and will check the gear selector switch and voltage from alternator but the BMW dealership here locally has got a bad rap from a lot of people. If i need the transmission speed sensor where can I order it from? Also, is it possible that the solenoids need replacing?

billb
11-15-2005, 08:02 AM
I do not have the Trans Program Error message on the display but my 93 525i is exibiting the same exact problems noted on
bmwe34.net Anyway, my wife tells me that the car seems to be sluggish so i took it out last night and it ran fine... Then on my way back from the store (after it warmed up) it had no power, definitely 3rd gear. No message but basically if the car is cold it runs like a champ, after warming up it will sometimes go into limp mode. The only error code I can pull is 1231 Battery Voltage/DME Main Relay. I am pretty good with mechanical problems and will check the gear selector switch and voltage from alternator but the BMW dealership here locally has got a bad rap from a lot of people. If i need the transmission speed sensor where can I order it from? Also, is it possible that the solenoids need replacing?

Check your battery voltage, and check your fusible link.

Russell
11-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Did it just after I purchased it. The car has sat in a used car lot for several weeks in cold weather without much driving just before i bought it. It has not happened again in almost 3 years.

Good luck

HDhandyman
11-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Mine did the same as well, but it was ultimately the alternator.---This can be hard to tell sometimes unless battery charge is gone. Do you have a multimeter? Make sure you run your tests under different load settings (the electrical experts here have taught me that this is very important) on battery and alternator. There have been/ are several threads on this issue. This problem sucks, I know.

Good Luck,