PDA

View Full Version : obc

warmboy
03-06-2004, 04:43 PM
2 months ago i installed obc using bruno's info thx, still getting reading of-37 cannot find sensor 525 uk spec any ideas where it could be or can one be made

Rory
03-06-2004, 10:28 PM
2 months ago i installed obc using bruno's info thx, still getting reading of-37 cannot find sensor 525 uk spec any ideas where it could be or can one be made
You probably have an exposed wire or corrosion in the harness. If you look under the front spoiler on the drivers side you will see the sensor. There is an access hole to the medial of the fog light. Trace the wire on the sensor and I bet you will see some broken insulation or a splice. Clean it up and you should again have the correct temp.

Best,
Rory

Giles L
03-07-2004, 05:49 AM
Got the sameproblem with my UK 525i. Installed OBC and nevr have been able to find the wiring for the sensor. Would love to know how to sort this out!!!

Unregistered
03-07-2004, 06:26 AM
Got the sameproblem with my UK 525i. Installed OBC and nevr have been able to find the wiring for the sensor. Would love to know how to sort this out!!!

If your car was never originally supplied with an OBC, is it possible that you don't have a temp sensor at all?.

GilesL
03-07-2004, 04:17 PM
If your car was never originally supplied with an OBC, is it possible that you don't have a temp sensor at all?.

True, but the wiring should be there though?? I've looked for the conector to be fixed somewhere out of the way in the engine bay but no luck.

632 Regal
03-07-2004, 04:33 PM
True, but the wiring should be there though?? I've looked for the conector to be fixed somewhere out of the way in the engine bay but no luck.

winfred
03-07-2004, 05:36 PM
it's usually around the left foglight, a non obc car probably doesn't have a sensor in the plug, but it may have a protective plastic cap. look at the tow hook cover on the right side of this pic, see the little hole, that's for the sensor
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/spoiler3

GilesL
03-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys,

Will have another hard look.

Giles