PDA

View Full Version : Project 535iTm has been slammed.....

Scott H
11-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Got the sachs kit that was on my old 535i over to the wagon today with the helping hand of Brandon Jurado (S38 525i) and Peter Lewis (530iT). I couldn't have gotten the job done in such great time without their help. Peter was interested in learning how the suspension stuff goes for future reference on his 530iT, but knows a good deal about autos to begin with. His help was great. Brandon and I have done this too many times to count so we were probably working faster than Peter would have preferred. They both stayed for the long haul which was more than I would have ever asked for. I owe them some beer and Peter will get any help he needs when he does his suspension!

New upper and lower control arms went in as the 750 bushings in the existing control arms were TOAST. I replaced with lemforders/M5 bushings. We eliminated the self leveling and removed all the bits as well. I also put the RD sways on the front (rear will get done later when it is easier to remove/replace the rear bar). I also threw the 850 brakes on the front (the 540 brakes will go on the rear when get new rotors for them).

Pics to come.....

M30 bits will be going to the shops this week for rebuild and cleaning.

Scott

Scott H
11-14-2005, 10:20 AM
before purchase (http://www.hersted.org/525iT%20prepurchase/IMAGE008.jpg)

after sachs kits and other hidden goodies (http://www.hersted.org/525iT%20after%20suspension/IMG_0976.JPG)

632 Regal
11-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Looks great, how long did it take to do the whole job?

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
11-14-2005, 12:21 PM
before purchase (http://www.hersted.org/525iT%20prepurchase/IMAGE008.jpg)

after sachs kits and other hidden goodies (http://www.hersted.org/525iT%20after%20suspension/IMG_0976.JPG)

Quite the drop - looks great.

What sort of plant material is sticking out of the garage in the before shot? ;)

Scott H
11-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Took out the front strut assemblies and some other bits Friday evening. Brandon and Peter came over Sunday at noon, and aside from struggles with corroded LAD lines, we were done by 9. Subtract 3 hours of me fussing with those lines out and it would have been much shorter.

Looks great, how long did it take to do the whole job?

Scott H
11-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Not sure....that isn't my house. It is the previous owner's.

What sort of plant material is sticking out of the garage in the before shot? ;)

athflying79
11-14-2005, 02:40 PM
What all comes with the Sachs kit?? My front end needs some work and I would love to lower it, so I thought maybe the Sachs kit would kill two birds with one stone.

Scott H
11-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Set of Eibach springs and matched boge turbo gas struts/shocks for all 4 corners. Also comes with cut bump stops.

What all comes with the Sachs kit?? My front end needs some work and I would love to lower it, so I thought maybe the Sachs kit would kill two birds with one stone.

Jr ///M5
11-14-2005, 05:25 PM

It's a Japanese Maple....he,he, I've got one too!

Jr ///M5
11-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Took out the front strut assemblies and some other bits Friday evening. Brandon and Peter came over Sunday at noon, and aside from struggles with corroded LAD lines, we were done by 9. Subtract 3 hours of me fussing with those lines out and it would have been much shorter.

Are a real painintheass....I didn't think about you having to do the rears, or else I could have warned you about it. There is a trick you know...sorry ol' bud.

The car looks great, have you had the chance to putz around the block in it? It shouldn't handle too different than an E39 Sport Touring now.

Hmmm, let's see....I've got the stuff for the seats, you'll need to find a steering wheel....what about an E36 M3 wheel? It will look nice with the new ///M lit shift knob you'll install when you do the 5 speed conversion. Alexander BMW had 'em for $65 a while back. You should be able to pick up a steering wheel for a Franklin.

Jill will be so happy!!! :p

Your good friend,
Jr ;)

Scott H
11-14-2005, 08:15 PM
I have a beat up lit shift knob laying around that should do the trick. Now the M3 steering wheel we'll have to work on! I've been driving it to the train and aside from needing to get the RD rear sway bar in, it feels nice and pointed. I can't wait to try out the seats! Maybe next spring after I dirty them up while working on it this winter.

Jill is happy only if she can get her car in the garage by the end of the night....LOL :(

The car looks great, have you had the chance to putz around the block in it? It shouldn't handle too different than an E39 Sport Touring now.

Hmmm, let's see....I've got the stuff for the seats, you'll need to find a steering wheel....what about an E36 M3 wheel? It will look nice with the new ///M lit shift knob you'll install when you do the 5 speed conversion. Alexander BMW had 'em for $65 a while back. You should be able to pick up a steering wheel for a Franklin.

Jill will be so happy!!! :p

Your good friend,
Jr ;)

Incantation
11-14-2005, 08:23 PM
looks nice but that's hardly "slammed"

Scott H
11-14-2005, 08:31 PM
for a wagon it's low and part of a bigger project

looks nice but that's hardly "slammed"