PDA

View Full Version : OT recommended beemer forum?

Incantation
11-13-2005, 04:07 PM
my dad has a couple beemers.. whats a good forum for getting tech info?

Gooch
11-13-2005, 08:07 PM
:)

Incantation
11-13-2005, 08:43 PM
am i missing something or is this a stupid response

SCDorman
11-13-2005, 09:11 PM
my dad has a couple beemers.. whats a good forum for getting tech info?

Hello - I am a newbie here...bought a 93 525i a few months ago and have been trying to absorb info...

But I've been riding beemers for a few years. There is a wealth of info out there. You can get lots of info from the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America forums...www.bmwmoa.org and follow the link. There is quite a bit of type specific info out there too...for example, if he has pre-95 opposed twins ("airheads"), there is huge info at www.airheads.org. You/he will find very helpful folks, several of whom have literally written books on the subject.

Regards,
Steve

Incantation
11-13-2005, 09:19 PM
wicked.. thanks dude

mattyb
11-14-2005, 06:46 AM
no . what I think it is is this. When i first joined here i was very confused about the bimmer/ beemer thing. every other country on the planet calls all bmw products beemers. in the states it seems that there is a clear distinction about this. Bimmers are cars and beemers are bikes. fkd if i know why but thats how it is. In oz they are just beemers and if u said bimmers in oz nobody would know what the fk u were talkin about, go figure. some body correct me if im wrong please.