PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! E34 old to " Wide " New front upgrade

grave77
11-13-2005, 01:34 PM
I already sent to Bruno this Help .. but I'm in a hurry ... I dont want to have the parts stuck here ... I bought a full front harness " grill and bonet " but today the mechanic called me and told me that the bonet is 5 Cm longer and also wider from the windshield!! ... if anyone have made this upgrade or knows what to do please help. I suspect that I need the front wings ( Left and Right ) ... pictures at Brunos website shows that the bonet is not perfictly right at the signal its 1 cm longer ... but still I have 4 more to hide

632 Regal
11-13-2005, 01:53 PM
I have NO idea what you are talking about Barry. Provide some links and stuff incase someone can help you.

grave77
11-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Ok ... I thought most of you guys saw the upgrade Bruno made ... http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/other/E34_crash.htm

I'm trying to do the same ... the front hood doesn't fit now !! I will take some pics tomorrow when I get to the workshop

Phil Sanderson
11-13-2005, 08:29 PM
...either wide or narrow grille. You also need the plastic parts around the headlights. If your panel guy is telling you the bonnet is 5 centimetres (2 inches) too long then you have a 7? Series bonnet, your car has a bad front end repair or he is an idiot. You do NOT need new front wings (mud guards) or anything else. The wide grille and bonnet is a bolt off - bolt on job. I did it myself (with help to lift the bonnet) on mine after it was painted.

regards
Phil

grave77
11-14-2005, 02:56 AM
well ... I bought the plastic parts and the grill, I also bought the metal part that holds the grill in and the hood from the scrapyard ... I need to check on my self .. but I can remember very well that the hood was a 540i hood ... and not a 740. can u tell me if I need the holders?? " those with hydrolic pistons to keep the hood open when u lift up "

thanks mate ...

Phil Sanderson
11-14-2005, 03:39 AM
...as yours, but if yours were no good replace them.
regards
Phil

grave77
11-14-2005, 04:17 AM
good ... I already called the guy and tod him what you said ... and I think he's convinced that the hood is a 7 series hood and not a 5er ... I will pass by the shop after few hours and see what has been done.

Thanks ... I feel better .. I was worried to death yesterday !!

grave77
11-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I just came back from from the workshop ... I replaced the hood at the scrap yard after a lot of arguments ... and the 540i hood fitted just right ... as you guys said. Thanks to u all ... hope this would help someone in the future ... :)