PDA

View Full Version : want to say thank you to javier!!!

drmmaster
11-10-2005, 07:13 PM
he helped....me one evening...troubleshoot my car for hours in chat...he would tell me what to do...then i would run out to car and test....lol..this man is a machine folks...he knows his stuff...and im sure he would love to know that all that ive been through....with this car and the hours he put in also.....IT WAS A BAD GM SOLD TO ME ON EBAY...user (bmwpartshop)....but anyway...i took it to a shop...called bavarian auto recycling today and im having them overnight me a GM....will keep you updated.....thanks again man....

Javier
11-10-2005, 08:44 PM
remember we found some wiring splices that seemed to be damaged!! You still have to check and condition the wiring coming from F30 to X259-15 (2.9 V and 12V alternating is not OK), and the wiring coming from F47 to Power Protection Relay pin 86 (you shouldn't keep the jumper for ever), as they seem to be intermittently failing.

In any case, it was a pleasure sharing with you that troubleshooting.

Javier

uscharalph
11-10-2005, 08:44 PM
he helped....me one evening...troubleshoot my car for hours in chat...he would tell me what to do...then i would run out to car and test....lol..this man is a machine folks...he knows his stuff...and im sure he would love to know that all that ive been through....with this car and the hours he put in also.....IT WAS A BAD GM SOLD TO ME ON EBAY...user (bmwpartshop)....but anyway...i took it to a shop...called bavarian auto recycling today and im having them overnight me a GM....will keep you updated.....thanks again man....
Javier is the man on anything electrical.

shogun
11-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Yes, that is the man.
And the best thing is, he can explain it understandable based on everyones individual level of electronic knowledge.

Thanks Javier

drmmaster
11-10-2005, 09:51 PM
javier,....yea i didnt forget about those wires....the man at the shop...already repaired everything in the rear....also guys.....this guy told me that the radio codes on BMW's are all in the trunk???....he is supposed to show me where when i pick the car up....has anyone else heard of this?....he said on the left side...

on the wire repair....he mentioned...that a wire that went from the relay/GM area then over to the passenger side...then doubled back?...was corroded..and had to be reparied

Javier
11-10-2005, 10:21 PM
historic submersible adventure of the car, you will keep getting issues from the wiring below rear seat.

Good thing is that now you know, and contrary to what we in general presume when troubleshooting (Wiring is correct as every thing was working), you will know first thing to check is wiring.

Regret you had to go to the shop for fixing this, hope they do not charge you too much.

this guy told me that the radio codes on BMW's are all in the trunk???....he is supposed to show me where when i pick the car up

You may what to hold the secret and share it via PM in a need to know basis. Wouldn't like the thieves breaking into my trunk after lifting my radio. Two repairs, dash and trunk lid, not considering the new radio purchase.

Javier