PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking during acceleration

ilya
11-09-2005, 04:04 PM
My e34 has some squeaking coming from the front during acceleration.
at first, i thought it was just the pedal. however, to test it, i turned the car off. when i press down on the gas with the engine off, there is no squeaking. when i turn it on, there is occasional squeaking. it doesn't happen every time i press down on the pedal, but probably about 30% of the time. and actually, its not really during the press down, but more on the release.

any idea what could be causing this?

iainand
11-09-2005, 04:42 PM
loose or broken engine mounts

Qube
11-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Belt slipping?

632 Regal
11-09-2005, 06:02 PM
spray the **** out of every moving componant related to that peddle, been there went f*kin nuts till I sprayed it.

dacoyote
11-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Who cares....

Turn up the radio

romus
11-09-2005, 07:25 PM
yeah regal is right. Your problem IS pedal, i had it too. Spray all the moving parts behind/above accel. pedal and your problem is solved.

very annoying sound! :)

uscharalph
11-09-2005, 09:06 PM
spray the **** out of every moving componant related to that peddle, been there went f*kin nuts till I sprayed it.
I've got the same problem. I'm sure, like Jeff said, it's the pedal.

iainand
11-10-2005, 01:33 PM
mine also squeeks, put up with it for a year, only really hear it in town with lots of pedal movement, on open road i will rarely hear it.

keep meaning to lubricate pedal, but not driving car at the moment so not annoying me right now, im slowly getting round to sorting all the niggles while car is off the road.

you need to determin if the noise is from inside cabin (pedal) or from engine bay.