PDA

View Full Version : M60 Brake Fluid bottle.... need help w/ clutch issue

Jon K
11-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Is it supposed to be "empty". My sister said she popped the hood (clutch issues). I don't know, she said the "brake fluid" thing looked more like a "tube". I couldn't understand if it was a fill tube or if that is the actual brake fluid resevoir. Regardless, the brake fluid "tube" is empty. This indicates to me either a leak somewhere or maybe a mechanic did a horrible job of bleeding the brakes at some point.

So now, assuming its out of fluid, do i just top it off, or do i need to bleed this whole thing?

Bellicose Right Winger
11-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Refill and pump clutch pedal, it will probably self bleed. Then you can drive it home and look for the leak.

EDIT: Looks like M60 clutch has it's own reservoir. Tough to share a reservoir if brake MC is behind LF headlight. Also looks like clutch MC won't self bleed....there a big loop in the tubing according to ETK.

Paul Shovestul

Is it supposed to be "empty". My sister said she popped the hood (clutch issues). I don't know, she said the "brake fluid" thing looked more like a "tube". I couldn't understand if it was a fill tube or if that is the actual brake fluid resevoir. Regardless, the brake fluid "tube" is empty. This indicates to me either a leak somewhere or maybe a mechanic did a horrible job of bleeding the brakes at some point.

So now, assuming its out of fluid, do i just top it off, or do i need to bleed this whole thing?

632 Regal
11-09-2005, 05:43 PM
women hmphfffff...can she snap and email a picture of these new terms for old parts for you? LOL maybe the mechanic removed the container and it IS just a tube there or something....never can tell.

Jon K
11-09-2005, 06:19 PM
women hmphfffff...can she snap and email a picture of these new terms for old parts for you? LOL maybe the mechanic removed the container and it IS just a tube there or something....never can tell.

Jeff can u post pic of your engine bay?

Paul in NZ
11-10-2005, 03:40 AM
jeffs car is an auto....

632 Regal
11-10-2005, 01:11 PM
not auto....slush box
jeffs car is an auto....

Jon K
11-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Alright well the post bumping was appreciated, but i really need to know how to check the clutch fluid level on an m60 3.0. Sister can't drive it to school.

Paul in NZ
11-11-2005, 05:17 AM
fwiw here a pic of my m30..... you can see the clutch resevoir just "above" the expansion tank...hopefully hers is similar

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/kiwi535/left%20engine.jpg

man i gotta clean that sob