PDA

View Full Version : whats that noise?!

angrypancake
11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
This is probably a beaten thread and I've done a bit of searching for it, but here goes...

Recently, the car had been making an awful, very loud almost grinding sound, but only on hard right turns, as in turning corners. Going around regular curves isnt bad at all, but pulling into my driveway or something, and I cant figure out what it is. It sounds like it's coming from the drivers side front, so I put the car on stands and turned the wheels full right, but nothing. Can't seem to see any evidence of metal on metal rubbing. I figured I'd see if anyone could take a better guess than I could before I have the indy look at it. By loud i mean I had my mom take the car and turn it around at the end of the street yesterday and I was standing around 10 houses away, and it was very loud. TIA

-nat

jjw
11-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Have you checked the bearing, hub? With tire off the ground and holding the tire at 12 and 6 o'clock position and shake it, there should be no play. If there is some play, may need a new one soon.

632 Regal
11-09-2005, 06:06 PM
is the tire rubbing something in there? Im sure you looked for clean shiney spots and also the back side of the wheel/tire though.

worth another point anyways.

dacoyote
11-09-2005, 06:13 PM
is the tire rubbing something in there? Im sure you looked for clean shiney spots and also the back side of the wheel/tire though.

worth another point anyways.

No it wasn't