PDA

View Full Version : OT- Maybe this means I can pick up a 3.0i sport!

granit_silber
11-09-2005, 10:20 AM
I know that many of you don't like the styling of the car. But I can tell you that after driving the '05 2.5 and 3.0 sport versions during the ultimate test drive they are thrilling rides. I can't imagine what the ///M will feel like with the s54 under the hood!!!!

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2051025.002/page/1/bmw/1.html

-ashley

romus
11-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Congrats! :)

...and there is nothing wrong with the styling.

romus
11-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Btw, i was gonna get the 3.0 for a while but the bad thing is the 2 seats. Even though i rarely carry more than one passanger, it feels a little restricting, but then again a roadster was never meant to be the primary car.

Every time i see it on the road i promise myself i'd get one. So we'll see what happens.

As for styling, i will offend some people by saying that some of us need to wake up and catch up with pace. BMW was making cars ahead of their time throughout its entire existance (well 30's onwards) and i believe styling they create today is setting tomorrow's standards. Today everyone hates Bangle's designs, tomorrow everyone will follow.

But anyway. "Congratulations on your decision on purchase of your new BMW" ;)

Traian
11-10-2005, 12:16 AM
The old Z3-based M Coupe is one of the coolest BMWs imo. I think it's an E30 chassis, but the last few used the E46 M3 engine and i love the look as well. Have you driven one?

emw525E34
11-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Yep, MZ3 Coupe rocks with S54 engine!. Only Z4 Coupe concept looks a little cooler, oops modern in Bangled styling.

If you hear Bangle's podcast on the Z4 Coupe, every other word he said was sex!. Maybe the guy be a bit deprived of it.