PDA

View Full Version : OZ: Calling all Sydney siders

Trevor
11-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Okay, so I've been absent from here for a while.
2 kids, a demanding job, and a business degree can do that to a guy...

I am "finally" in a position to start the restore on my 1990 E34 535iA, and would like any references (in Sydney) for reputable auto upholsterers as well as a good panel and paint shop.
I've decided to "do it right" and get the old girl to "as new" condition.

Any sugegstions/recommendations?

Rebuilt the front suspension in the beginning of '05.
New rotors and pads all round as of yesterday.
Looking at springs and shocks very soon.

Alexlind123
11-08-2005, 10:34 PM
What all needs restoring?

Stacy (Sydney)
11-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Business degree? - waste of freakin time. I can't be on-line for long, must get back to studying for my marketing exams next week. Bloody UNSW.

Re: Upholsterer - Got one, name escapes me - send e/mail to anton_st8@hotmail.com and I'll send you details next week. I can also suggest a leather wholesaler. I had the same guy re-do my hood lining and rear parcel shelf/all side panels - I delivered the bits, assembled and dissasembelled myself - cost about 350 all up.

Re: Seat cushions - if you're considering re-padding, I'd look into sourcing oem foam. I had my drivers repadded - and a bit crutical of result, ended up swapping with passengers. ( different upholsterer).

Paul in NZ
11-09-2005, 02:15 AM
good to hear from you again Trevor!

Trevor
11-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks Stacy.
Sending email now.

Trevor
11-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks Paul.
Was over in Wellington 2 weeks ago, but was pressed for time with wife's conference etc.
How did they go with sinking Frigate69 on 12th?

romus
11-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Stacy, my drivers seat is all ripped (leather) and would love to get it done. How much did that cost you?

mattyb
11-14-2005, 03:59 AM
Hi trevor. Im of not much help but good luck and if you need a pair of hands for the messy stuff give us yell.

Trevor
11-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks Matt.
I'm going to be getting the headliner done professionally, and I am still tossing up whether to do the paint and panel or the rest of the interior first.

Have done most of the messy stuff for this year.
Front end, barke and rotors all round etc

Trevor
11-14-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm interested in doing all my seats.

GJPinAU
11-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi trevor. Im of not much help but good luck and if you need a pair of hands for the messy stuff give us yell.
That's a thought for another get-together. We could do a maintenance day. Some of us have experienced different probs and solved them. Maybe we could meet at Gen's and finally get his car of the stands.