PDA

View Full Version : Share Winter Storage & Shop: $65 Kitchener Ontario

talltorontoguy
11-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi folks,

I've got a line on a 1500 square foot 6 bay private storage unit / shop. It can take 6 cars with a lot of space around them to work, yet each is very separate from the other to protect all.

This is similar to an industrial complex setup, except the unit is square with a common center space with 3 bays down each side. The units are separated by a structural post each - there are no walls between bays. There are no lifts. A compressor could be fitted easily.

The unit has 10 foot ceilings and concrete floor. Electricity is included. Gas heat can be included at an extra cost on its own meter, or could be heated through portable kerosene heaters. It has its own entrance via garage door. Snow clearing included. The building is secure and is insured.

It is fine to work on cars in the unit, just no welding for fire reasons. (although the owner would consider this with enough precautions in place).

I'm hoping to use the unit to begin work on my 325ic. I'm hoping find other mature folks to share the unit for work / storage on their own cars.

The cost is $400 per month, which shared amongst 6 = $65 per month each for the winter until end of April 2006. Longer terms can be negotiated.

If anyone is interested please email me at talltorontoguy@hotmail.com

Thanks much,

Rod

uscharalph
11-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi folks,

I've got a line on a 1500 square foot 6 bay private storage unit / shop. It can take 6 cars with a lot of space around them to work, yet each is very separate from the other to protect all.

This is similar to an industrial complex setup, except the unit is square with a common center space with 3 bays down each side. The units are separated by a structural post each - there are no walls between bays. There are no lifts. A compressor could be fitted easily.

The unit has 10 foot ceilings and concrete floor. Electricity is included. Gas heat can be included at an extra cost on its own meter, or could be heated through portable kerosene heaters. It has its own entrance via garage door. Snow clearing included. The building is secure and is insured.

It is fine to work on cars in the unit, just no welding for fire reasons. (although the owner would consider this with enough precautions in place).

I'm hoping to use the unit to begin work on my 325ic. I'm hoping find other mature folks to share the unit for work / storage on their own cars.

The cost is $400 per month, which shared amongst 6 = $65 per month each for the winter until end of April 2006. Longer terms can be negotiated.

If anyone is interested please email me at talltorontoguy@hotmail.com

Thanks much,

Rod
That''s pretty cool. I'd eventually like to get into something like that in Southern California.

shogun
11-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Good idea. I am really surprised that this is not more often practiced.
I know of people from the German 7-Forum which share such places and even share the repair facilities there and the tools.
I am doing that here in Japan by offering my place to the E32 Club members.

A win-win situation for all. And in any case it makes more fun to wrench in a group than alone, and often one needs the helping hand of a second person.

cmk
11-09-2005, 07:06 AM
I've been looking for a shop that would rent out bays by the hour/day.
I can't believe (well actually i can) that nobody seems to do this.

I did think about your offer though.
But i've only got a couple days/weeks worth of work i would want to do.
... i'd also want something in Mississauga for over the winter.