PDA

View Full Version : OT: Finished the "old car" prop

gordon
03-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Our builder finished the theatrical prop car yesterday and it gets shipped to the stage on Monday.... What fun to watch being built.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/gordonblawson/props/pygfinal.jpg

Brian C.
03-06-2004, 08:24 AM
A week or two ago I went on a little afternoon drive out into "the country", if you can ever call anything "country" around here. In the south part of this county, there are a lot of crop fields and groves and I stopped at one large roadside fruitstand to buy some goodies. They had this old car parked out front so I had to snap a photo of it. I thought Bill B. would get a kick out of it. I forget the name of it, but it's whatever is written on the radiator grill. Your prop car looks quite authentic if you ask me!
http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Brian/oldcar.jpg
Brian C.
:D

Brian C.
03-08-2004, 07:51 AM
A week or two ago I went on a little afternoon drive out into "the country", if you can ever call anything "country" around here. In the south part of this county, there are a lot of crop fields and groves and I stopped at one large roadside fruitstand to buy some goodies. They had this old car parked out front so I had to snap a photo of it. I thought Bill B. would get a kick out of it. I forget the name of it, but it's whatever is written on the radiator grill. Your prop car looks quite authentic if you ask me!
http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Brian/oldcar.jpg
Brian C.

George M
03-08-2004, 08:14 AM
does beg the question though, why not rent a real turn of the century car for this production? Have to believe it cost a pretty penny to make a non-function prop car....especially one built to that level of detail, even non-functional. Wouldn't a nearby museum loan a similar car for a more palatable fee?
Was this option considered?
George

Brian C.
03-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Maybe someday, some theater group will be making prop "antique" E34 and E32's for their stage productions! :p Did you watch the Ford Championship golf tourney yesterday. That eagle at the end was fantastic! I worked as the Marshal Captain on 18 there for 9 years but haven't done it for the past two now. Too much to do with my folks. But it was always a real stomach-churner when all the fans, big-wigs and players were at my hole at the end. To end it in a playoff like that always made the network guys go gray real fast. :D

Brian C.

George M
03-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi Brian,
Sounds like you have the inside skinny on that tournament. Yeah being a junkie, I saw it....remarkable shot...from a modest yet very talented Australian "Popeye" who has enjoyed minimal success on tour...great theater as it always is. No. 18 which you know much better than I is really the perfect finishing hole....a long daunting challenge. For Perry to get up in the playoff and rip a drive down the middle with the fairway so narrow and water on the left which many get into...most do what Verplank did and bail right. For Perry to make his second shot for 171 yards out is just amazing stuff....what can you say?
Hope all is well with ya. Sure miss Florida and understand the weather there is beautiful these days. Was gonna give you a call as a buddy of mine was gonna drive his Excursion down with his 4 wheelers in tow to Miami and was looking for a side kick. We were gonna take a little road trip stopping off and playing golf a couple of times on our way down and while we were down there...plans got changed however...maybe another time.
See what you mean about those network types...most of them are grey :-)
Good stuff and hope all is well,
George

Brian C.
03-08-2004, 11:39 AM
:d

George M
03-08-2004, 12:10 PM
love the commercial where the thing is melting its tires and drifting around that road course. In fact, would make one hell of a drifting car.
George