PDA

View Full Version : WTB: used lowering springs

peks
11-08-2005, 03:25 PM
been looking at the rear of my car for a bit, it seems the left is a little lower than the right. so when i replaced my broken glass(see my prev post) last weekend i adjusted my ebrake at the same time. with the rear in the air i reached in and felt the spring.. cracked at the bottom.. my buddy has one good rear spring, as when he did his suspension he found one of the rears broken, too. both cars are 89s and with about the same mileage so i figure it would prob work.

but to make a long story longer id rather put in some used eibachs or h&rs for a little stiffer ride if someone has them...the cars not really worth a new set, and i need new shocks soon. so lots of $$ going into the old money pit soon.

romeox929
11-09-2005, 05:16 AM
ill sell you my used FK's (60/40mm drop front/rear, respectively) that has been used under a month. The reason I'm selling is that I'm going the coilover route. 200 including shipping. PM for more info.

peks
11-09-2005, 09:36 AM
thanks for the offer romeo... i think that drop is a little too drastic for my car. looks good with your rims, though. how is the ride?

romeox929
11-09-2005, 10:41 AM
the way it shoulda came from the factory as an option..responsive and much stiffer.

DanH
11-09-2005, 11:17 AM
I should look if I still have my old springs in the garage. They may have been misplaced or disposed of improperly when I moved.

been looking at the rear of my car for a bit, it seems the left is a little lower than the right. so when i replaced my broken glass(see my prev post) last weekend i adjusted my ebrake at the same time. with the rear in the air i reached in and felt the spring.. cracked at the bottom.. my buddy has one good rear spring, as when he did his suspension he found one of the rears broken, too. both cars are 89s and with about the same mileage so i figure it would prob work.

but to make a long story longer id rather put in some used eibachs or h&rs for a little stiffer ride if someone has them...the cars not really worth a new set, and i need new shocks soon. so lots of $$ going into the old money pit soon.

peks
11-09-2005, 12:03 PM
heh.. oh crap. you're "my buddy"...