PDA

View Full Version : Are there custom gauge panels available?

beetos
11-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Looking to mount some extra gauges under the ashtray. I was wondering if there are any panels that are available to mount maybe three 52mm gauges?
Cheers

Mewsy
11-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Looking to mount some extra gauges under the ashtray. I was wondering if there are any panels that are available to mount maybe three 52mm gauges?
Cheers

Don't know if you have seen this site before, but I found it once and liked the look of the custom gauge panel.

http://vaxxine.com/gblawson/535.eht

Hope it helps

Nice to see another W.A member!!
Garry - Forest Lakes Thornlie ! :p

Springfield1952
11-07-2005, 06:45 PM
That's Gordon's e34! He was a regular on Roadflea, was one of the first to jump to this site when it opened and he's the one who told me about this site while I was still hanging on Roadflea wondering where all the guys had gone. He has (had?) a beautiful e34. I don't know the story of where he's gone but I haven't seen his posts for quite a while.

Curt.

genphreak
11-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Don't know if you have seen this site before, but I found it once and liked the look of the custom gauge panel. Nice to see another W.A member!! Garry - Forest Lakes Thornlie ! :p Hey welcome to the board Beetos (Mr745535... LOL) that's a crazy machine you have there. It is truly the way all M30s should go, I wish I could do the exact same thing...

Gauge panels are an occasionally discussed issue here. Drawings can be had here: (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=362&highlight=console+gauges) (I don't know if Garry's link will take you to these).

If you do do something similar, perhaps you could post your diagrams or do a write-up, (the above link is not the best how-to). Any innovation we can foster on e34s is a good thing of course...

A word of warning though, be careful not to angle your gauges such that they reflect off the windscreen at night- it is dangerous and they will appear upside down of course :D

I've got a set of old Audi gauges that fit right in, but the balsa wood conversion is taking me longer to do than I thought... and I have to find the correct variable oil pressure sensor yet... The VW gauges are all VDO too (as per Porsche as you would know).

Welcome aboard from Sydney, perhaps when you decide to pilot a flight across the Nullabor in that thing we could all meet up. :) Nick

beetos
11-08-2005, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the info...I see many little projects on the horizon! The completed gauge panel on the link looks awsome, a really well done job.