PDA

View Full Version : Rear window problems update....

Mike L.
11-06-2005, 08:20 PM
So I disconnected the battery, waited 45 minutes, reconnected. The wifey drives the car 5 miles to store and the rear windows lower.

I drove the car 75 miles to and from Boston, nothing! I am starting to suspect something about my wife's driving...???

Seriously though, I will clean the contacts on the console switches, remove and clean the general module contacts, and if that fails I will be in the market for a new GM, right? Bill R.??

Do modules die a slow death like this?

Thank you to the board for all suggestions.

Mike

Interceptor
11-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Seriously though, I will clean the contacts on the console switches, remove and clean the general module contacts, and if that fails I will be in the market for a new GM, right?
It would be nice if you could somehow check switches for continuity while driving (when symptoms appear). Btw., there are cheap GMs on ebay if you really use up all the options.

Javier
11-07-2005, 08:42 AM
the child safety lock. May be your wife uses it and you don't! If it has anything to do with this weird behavior, check and clean all window switches, special care on the center console that is subject to spills.

Javier