PDA

View Full Version : bored out throttle body - halfway done

DanDombrowski
03-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Hey guys,

I promised results and I came through. Had the throttle body from my volvo in the machine shop today and we bored it out to 2.330 inches from 2.240 inches (diameter). End result was a 59 mm dia bore TB, which is the same size as the big bore throttle body sold by www.mvpvolvo.com. I really didnt think it would make much difference, but when you put the old butterfly in, you can see theres definitely much more area cleared up. Oh yeah, and it looks really really sweet. I can't post a pic of it now, don't have a cam, but I will when I head home for spring break. The M50 throttle body is next, and that thing has a square base which will be 10x easier to mount in the lathe than this one. Hope to have a completed M50 bored TB in about 2-3 weeks.

winfred
03-06-2004, 12:22 AM
what you don't like that odd shaped three holed tb on the B230

DanDombrowski
03-06-2004, 01:52 AM
I see winfred knows his swedish motors. yeah, the silly 3 bolt pattern was the reason we couldn't put the thing in the lathe in the first place. mabye the M50 TB will be able to mount easy enough in the lathe, otherwise Im gonna do it in the mill again.

I suppose I could machine a new throttle plate, but Im gonna try it with the smaller one first and see if I can adjust the idle valve enough. Oh well....back to the drawing board.