PDA

View Full Version : Door locks pop up!

laguner
11-05-2005, 08:29 PM
I have searched and found lots of threads with the same question. When I lock my 1990 535i the locks pop up. The second time I lock the doors they stay locked. I have seen no answers on any other thread about how to solve the problem! Anyone have the answer?

Dan in NZ
11-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Check all the fuses under the back seat. I had the same problem, a fuse was blown, changed the fuse and it was solved!

Javier
11-05-2005, 09:37 PM
to bad actuators, including Dan's suggestion. This behavior is a response of the system to tell you that some lock did not operate properly. Monitored locks are front doors and trunk (not sure if 1990 monitors passenger's door).

Javier

laguner
11-05-2005, 09:55 PM
All my locks go up and down, so I gues I'll check fuses. Is there a particular fuse I'm looking at under the seat? Thanks very much for the quick assistance!

Javier
11-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Javier

uscharalph
11-06-2005, 03:10 AM
All my locks go up and down, so I gues I'll check fuses. Is there a particular fuse I'm looking at under the seat? Thanks very much for the quick assistance!
Does the trunk unlock & lock when you use the key in one of the front doors? If not it's probably the wire running through teh trunk hinge, as others have mentioned.

laguner
11-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Dan in NZ-You're DA MAN! Thanks for the fuse replacement tip. The internet is a cool thing. I checked the fuse under the seat and replaced the one that was fried. No more locks popping up! THANK YOU!!!!

uscharalph
11-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Check all the fuses under the back seat. I had the same problem, a fuse was blown, changed the fuse and it was solved!
Nice catch, Dan!!

Javier
11-06-2005, 01:17 PM
F31, isn't it? Now, don't you wonder why did the fuse get fried? Check also Trunk hinge harness, it is a known issue on e34's that results in wires severely damaged at the left hinge wire tie, affecting rear lights and trunk lock mechanism (actually, any electrical thing located in trunk lid). I learned it the hard way from Paul.

Harness may be in good shape, and fuse burnt by the grace of the holly spirit, but at least, you will be sure every thing is all right with your BMW. Leaving the hinge harness damaged may result in further damage to more expensive devices.

Do a search under Hinge Harness.

Javier