PDA

View Full Version : Dudes, where's my pre-wired alarm module connecion?

Dan in NZ
03-06-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm thinking about installing an alarm module I have, and I was looking uder the seat for the so-called 12-pin connector. I see a green many-pin connector that's free beside the box, and a similar blue many-pin connector in the base of the empty slot where I think the alarm module goes. There was a 12-pin connector attached to the side of the black box, but 3 pins were missing. I didn't see anything resembling a single-pin hood protection connector, but I did see a 3-pin, a 4 pin, and two 2-pin connectors...

I think the alarm module might have to go back to the too-hard basket.

winfred
03-06-2004, 12:17 AM
on usa cars it's on the right side under the lower part of the back seat, oposit side from the electronics box, if it wasn't raining buckets and 11pm here id take a couple pics of mine

Phil Sanderson
03-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Dan, here is the alarm module from my car an '89 525i. You remove it by unscrewing 2 screws behind the carpet.

winfred
03-06-2004, 12:55 AM
i don't think i've ever seen one of those in the probably 75 or more e34/32s i've had a hand in putting to death

Dan in NZ
03-06-2004, 01:16 AM
My box is very different, it has a couple of relays to the side, and less at the end like that one. I do have a curious little green box in that location with wires going into it, but it's only about the size of a relay. The alarm module I have is similar to the one in the instructions at circle BMW's site. I'll take a pic with my phone soon.

I don't have a 12-pin on the other side of the under-seat area. Just two 2-pin connectors, only larger than the other.

Starting to think I'm not pre-wired at all...

uscharalph
04-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Could you post this picture again? I also have a 1989 525i.

Paul in NZ
04-23-2005, 11:46 PM
dont some early cars have the plug brhind the front kick panels?