PDA

View Full Version : TireRack first timer...

wengenstein
11-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Hello all...I haven't posted in a while but my recent experience buying tires has compelled me to do so. Today for the first time, I bought a set of tires through TireRack. I'm probably the last one on here whose never done this before but just in case I'm not I thought I'd post a recommendation..

I shopped around to all the local discount tire places and none of them came close to what it was going to cost to go through TireRack. And it turned out that my indy is one of their "recommended installers"..sweet! I'm paying about $100 less (with mounting/balancing/etc.) than what it would have cost at the cheapest discount place, it's taking half the time (3days vs. 1week), and my indy is doing the work instead of some kid with an impact gun..

I think I may be a little over-excited... :)

Phatty5BMW
11-04-2005, 06:18 PM
lol thats alright to get excited.. I do all the time :)
What kind of tires did you end up getting??? I was thinking about the yokohoma avs come spring time, as i am going to buy some cheap a$$ snow tires from Farm n Fleet (Local everything store)
But enjoy the tires

wengenstein
11-04-2005, 06:28 PM
lol thats alright to get excited.. I do all the time :)
What kind of tires did you end up getting??? I was thinking about the yokohoma avs come spring time, as i am going to buy some cheap a$$ snow tires from Farm n Fleet (Local everything store)
But enjoy the tires

I ordered a set of Pirelli Winter 210 SnowSports. After skating around all last winter I'm hoping to actually maintain traction most of this time this year. :)