PDA

View Full Version : I just "fixed" my heater core, don't want to sell now...

Dan in NZ
03-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Yesterday I did the 3 hour highway drive to my parents place for the weekend, and fell in love with my car all over again. I decided there's no way I could sell it at the moment, so this morning I started ripping into the dash. I didn't do the whole dash removal, that's way too scary, I just took out the center dash part. I took photos all the way through in case I couldn't put it back together, but it's almost in one peice again. I could see the heater core leaking around one of the pipes going into it, so I sprayed it with no-leaks, then put some Selly's Knead-It all around the connection. Took me about 5 hours, and it's obviously not a long-term solution, but it didn't leak a drop in the half-hour I drove it with the heat on and dash apart.

Now to just install this factory alarm module I've had around for a while... i'm highly suspicious it's not going to work.

Unregistered
03-05-2004, 08:10 PM
You're the MAN, Dan!! Good on ya for that repair. Hope it becomes permanent. Nothing like a good ride to get your perspective where it needs to be. We have the best looking, best riding, best looking cars on the road.
Paul

Brian C.
03-05-2004, 08:23 PM
.....OOT-STANDING! Well, they would say that if they lived in a silly little American cartoon-world, but great job!

It really does give you a feeling of accomplishment to have a problem that seems to be non-stop money ahead, and to tackle it yourself and actually get it fixed, doesn't it! I recently removed my grill, installed new horns and replaced a headlight assembly. I'm sure I saved about 60% off of what a shop would have charged, and I know that I could do it again now that I've done it once.

Stick around......it's gonna get lots more fun!

Brian C.
'95 525ia
:D

tim s
03-05-2004, 09:15 PM
tim s.
1995 540i/a 180,000
1987 325e 195,000

NoSpeedLimits
03-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Ditto! :p

Dan in NZ