PDA

View Full Version : OT: Chinese photography technique!

Jon K
11-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Well upon studying the chinese art of photography, I realized what my flaw is - my stance. My friend and I went out today to see if we could perfect our stance.

http://tinypic.com/b6r634.jpg

http://tinypic.com/b6r7fb.jpg

http://mishuna.image.pbase.com/v3/66/162766/1/44930450.U7P1T21D180F351DT20050316183333.jpg

http://mk31.image.pbase.com/v3/66/162766/1/44930449.U7P1T21D180F353DT20050316183333.jpg

Jon K
11-02-2005, 10:21 PM
This is what we replied with -

http://e34.digital7.com/Professional%20Picture%20Methods/1.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/Professional%20Picture%20Methods/2.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/Professional%20Picture%20Methods/3.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/Professional%20Picture%20Methods/4.jpg

Jon K
11-02-2005, 10:23 PM
http://e34.digital7.com/Professional%20Picture%20Methods/5.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/Professional%20Picture%20Methods/6.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/Professional%20Picture%20Methods/7.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/Professional%20Picture%20Methods/8.jpg

Jon K
11-02-2005, 10:23 PM
http://e34.digital7.com/Professional%20Picture%20Methods/9.jpg

ArtemLepilov
11-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Now I know what it takes... To be a pro photographer :p

I will print out all of these stances and hopefully come up with an ingenious one, that can blow everyone away... but I will most likely get distracted by my E34 and end up working on that...

632 Regal
11-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Sweeeeeet!

McWatters
11-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Lmao thats ****ing awsome

cheers Jon. Deffinately like ur style.... o and ur shoes are siick to.

Ps. tell ur friend his jetta is pretty dam sweet.

Cheers

J.McWatters

kyleN20
11-02-2005, 11:17 PM
umm, jon i belive that that is the japanesse style

Jon K
11-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Lmao thats ****ing awsome

cheers Jon. Deffinately like ur style.... o and ur shoes are siick to.

Ps. tell ur friend his jetta is pretty dam sweet.

Cheers

J.McWatters
lol i have the brown jacket and pumas on

DueyT
11-03-2005, 12:13 AM
LMAO! Jon, that's great!

uscharalph
11-03-2005, 01:48 AM
That's so funny, Jon! LOL!!!!

MBXB
11-03-2005, 02:10 AM
Rofl Lmao

Mendozart
11-03-2005, 10:28 AM
That is some funny ****!

Booster
11-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Now you've done it Jon........we'll have to get a contest on that form of shooting madness !!
Geez.....I think I even snorted a laugh at that out loud, how embarrasing, lol. :p
Vinny

Nick.Hay
11-06-2005, 02:08 AM
You are one ****ing bizarre individual, my friend!!! LOL :D

grease
11-06-2005, 10:10 AM
hey man that's not fair when you shot our cars yesterday you didn't do the stance, surprised they came out so good. HA

rockyfeller
11-06-2005, 03:27 PM
LOL!! Good one

Gayle
12-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Hubby and I decided to celebrate peace on earth in one of the most peaceful places we know--Zion National Park in southern Utah.

While at Zion we were fortunate enough to witness the famed Chinese photography technique in action! I snapped a few quick pictures of them in action.

Picture #1--The subject
First you have to appreciate the way that Chinese photographer match the heft of their equipment to the grandeur of the subject. In order for you to fully appreciate this, I am posting one picture of the subject they were intently trying to capture.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/Subject.jpg

Picture #2--Be one with your equipment and fellow photographers
Like synchronized swimmers, they pulled out their camera phones and raised them toward the mountain in unison.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/Group.jpg

Picture #3--The Grand Master demonstrates advanced technique
Just look at the way he is on the ground to get just the right angle. He gets the obligatory tourist shot of two fellow travelers in front of the mountain. If he had not done the prone pavement pavement position, I am sure the mountain would have looked as diminutive and uninspiring as it does in picture number #1.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/Master.jpg

Jon K. Thank you for helping me appreciate the nuances of this art form.

TheDuke
12-27-2005, 04:43 AM
Best photograph stance ever? Left my camera on top of the car roof, and took off. God bless Best Buy extended warranty :)

Gayle
12-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Best photograph stance ever? Left my camera on top of the car roof, and took off. God bless Best Buy extended warranty :)

Did you have the time delay feature engaged? Capture yourself in the stupid act? (I have no room to talk though--I left my battery charger in the hotel room).

ProZak
12-27-2005, 04:19 PM
So? Let's see the photo!

Charlie Yuan
12-27-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi all. as may be the only Chinese on this forum, I do not think it is funny to make fun of people from different culture. As a pro photographer who make half a living in the craft, I think what ever poses is fine as long as they produce a sharp picts, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. we are all here because of the love for BMW's, so please cut it out.

Jon K
12-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Hi all. as may be the only Chinese on this forum, I do not think it is funny to make fun of people from different culture. As a pro photographer who make half a living in the craft, I think what ever poses is fine as long as they produce a sharp picts, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. we are all here because of the love for BMW's, so please cut it out.

You're obviously joking....

Charlie Yuan
12-27-2005, 05:32 PM
no Jon I am not, if you are pig head enough not to see that you need some sensibility training, then I am wasting my time. It is one thing to think the Chinese poses are funny, it is another to shoot monkey like poses to try to make fun of them.

Jon K
12-27-2005, 05:36 PM
no Jon I am not, if you are pig head enough not to see that you need some sensibility training, then I am wasting my time. It is one thing to think the Chinese poses are funny, it is another to shoot monkey like poses to try to make fun of them.

Do people in China ever laugh? This is causing me to think not!

A sense of humor is a great attribute when it comes to the interweb.

Giggle a bit.

Charlie Yuan
12-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi Jon we do. but you are right that Chinese seems to be more serious than others, and there are more Chinese that have none of the P.C sensibilities in China than here in the States. But I just thought that you have a right to think what is funny but you do not have a right to make fun of any group of people especially in a public forum, whatever you believe or do in your own home is none of my business, but in public, it is different matter. As for myself, I have been told many time by my wife( who is white BTW) that I have made fun of something in an un p.C way, or made a sexual jok that put someone down. so I am by no means profect.

632 Regal
12-27-2005, 05:59 PM
hey Chuck take it easy, this forum may poke fun of everyone at some point in the picture, (no pun) some make fun of themselves but this was a funny subject to the retards in the states as I am. No one is perfect and I accept your criticism, your input besides this thread may be awesomly welcomed.

there is NO aimiable posts against your culture as I can read except the title, take a breath...have a soda and make yourself at home.

we welcome you!

Hi Jon we do. but you are right that Chinese seems to be more serious than others, and there are more Chinese that have none of the P.C sensibilities in China than here in the States. But I just thought that you have a right to think what is funny but you do not have a right to make fun of any group of people especially in a public forum, whatever you believe or do in your own home is none of my business, but in public, it is different matter. As for myself, I have been told many time by my wife( who is white BTW) that I have made fun of something in an un p.C way, or made a sexual jok that put someone down. so I am by no means profect.

Jon K
12-27-2005, 05:59 PM
I think you're not looking at the big picture. If it were polish people doing it, or germans, or hispanics, it would be just as funny. It's making fun of a specific habit of a specific people. The amish are funny in that they ride horses, but i didn't get any amish pictures yet. But, rest assured, as soon as I do, there will be pics of them up here.

Gayle
12-27-2005, 06:20 PM
All cultures have distinctive habits. In France they make fun of Americans because we all walk around carrying giant sodas. I find that hilarious because I am a diet coke addict and am regularly seen with 64 ounce sodas.

I regularly make fun of the Aussies on this board for their wicked sense of humor. What is their response? They tease me unmercifully.

In fact I probably get teased more than most for being the only woman who posts regularly. And I rarely get my panties in a bunch about it.

We all make fun of each other here. I have said it before and will say it again--I love this place because it is respite from the draconian sense of political correctness that has overtaken our country. In fact this board was founded in response to a desire to be free from the censorship at roadfly.

I sincerely believe that our country has taken a turn for the worse that everyone is so quick and self righteous to proclaim themselves offended and victimized. What happened to the oh so wonderful ability to laugh at ones self?

I don't like to see anyone suffer. In that sense my heart goes out to you. But I really think some self examination about the pain you are experiencing over this is in order.

But as ever, call me the official spokesperson for the totally clueless:)

Jon K
12-27-2005, 06:58 PM
i still think chinese people are funny when they take pictures....

Charlie Yuan
12-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi Regal and Gayle, you guys are great. once I read the jok of the month post on this forum, I thought many of the joks are funny but then I thought it may not looks funny when someonelese was the subject of the jok. in fact, the said subject may be likely offended by it. since then I have avoided the jok of the month posts. I got into this post eventhough it is off topic because it is about Chinese taking picts, be a Chinese and a photographer. It get the best of me. Jon: if I knew enough about the German or Polish sensibilities and you are making fun of them in a public froum, I will defend them, hack, If someone make a personal attack on you, I will defend you, see they are defensless because they do not see your so called funny post. I hope I am not being called thought police from you guys, maybe I just did not have the confort level on the net like you all have and joks can be exchanged like between close friends, maybe because my in-laws are in town visiting and I had too much soda, who knows, I am here to learn about BMW. thanks for all your help and time

grave77
12-28-2005, 05:16 AM
I love the way you pimped your ride Jeff ... I mean the picture in ur sig.

Gayle
12-28-2005, 09:12 AM

LMAO

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 09:14 AM

And we all know how much Jeff likes to ride his pussy..... cat

Thank you everyone.... this gross image brought to you by me....

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 09:18 AM
i still think chinese people are funny when they take pictures....

Yes they are.....

I went to Hawaii a couple years ago... one of the places we went also shared a parking lot with a Chinese tourist stop... as everyone was slowing getting out the canoes... 3 busses come flying it at warp 12.... and a swarm of Chinese get out.. and start taking pictures as they walk to a big flat bottom boat... they all are on the boat about 5 seconds later... and the boat takes off... at warp 12.....

Just doesn't look like that fun.. bet they sall the entire island in a day.

BTW.. Charlie... grow up... all that your little winny ass is going to do is to get Jeff and myself to be mean to you.

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Here we go...

So SteroTypes about Germans

The Germans are famous for being complete sissy rule followers because of thier a) their orderliness, b) their cleanliness and c) their punctuality.

Germans are considered arrogant, because their language apparently sounds arrogant, and because they tend to know everything better (although they don't).

Don't even get me start on the Polish

Gayle
12-28-2005, 09:27 AM
BTW.. Charlie... grow up... all that your little winny ass is going to do is to get Jeff and myself to be mean to you.

Thats the Christmas spirit Charles (Dacoyote). Peace on earth and goodwill toward mankind. This is probably why you keep getting those lumps of coal for Christmas.

Charlie if they follow through on that threat, just put them on your ignore list (a forum feature that is the opposite of a buddy list). I know for a fact that Jeff can't stand to be ignored. Probably true for his buddy Charles too. :D

But Charles, I do appreciate you back up on the anti-political correctness issue.:)

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Thats the Christmas spirit Charles (Dacoyote). Peace on earth and goodwill toward mankind. This is probably why you keep getting those lumps of coal for Christmas. ....

Darn :-)

.... I know for a fact that Jeff can't stand to be ignored. .....

Who's Jeff?

I think we have each other on the our ignore lists..... :-)

Anyway... that will not keep us from posting anyway.... after all.. post whores don't really care if anyone sees the post.

Gayle
12-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Darn :-)

Who's Jeff?

I think we have each other on the our ignore lists..... :-)

I think you might know him as the chicken assassin. :D

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 09:37 AM
I think you might know him as the chicken assassin. :D

who is 632 Regal ?

You mean the chicken choker right.... :-)

Gayle
12-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Another thread successfully derailed.:p

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Another thread successfully derailed.:p

HAHAHA.... It's like the Sith... there is always two... A Master and an Apprentice...

632 Regal
12-28-2005, 11:27 AM
I put myself on ignore once, couldnt see anyone...weird stuff technology.

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 12:16 PM
I put myself on ignore once, couldnt see anyone...weird stuff technology.

LOL... I may have to do that one day....

angrypancake
12-28-2005, 12:18 PM
I added myself to my AIM buddy list. Sometimes when I am in alterred state of mind I talk to myself. Actually, sober, it sounds absolutely retarded. Oh well, just ignore me.

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 12:46 PM
I added myself to my AIM buddy list. Sometimes when I am in alterred state of mind I talk to myself. Actually, sober, it sounds absolutely retarded. Oh well, just ignore me.

Don't worry about it... I have 2 AIM screen names.... and they are both in my buddy list.... about once a month I will sign in.. see both names online... and go like... "wtf.. why is my computer at work on" then I realize that trillian signs into both.....

mattyb
12-28-2005, 06:23 PM
hi ya chucky. chill out man and take it very bloody easy OK! why dont u educate us and send some pics of how u take photos. so welcome eh, and relax mate if we were taking the piss u would know it.

Jon K
12-28-2005, 06:29 PM
...see they are defensless because they do not see your so called funny post.

Reminds me of "If a tree falls but no one is around to hear it, does it make a noise?" Hahhaha.

Yeah um, I "dabble" in photography as well. If you ever caught me doing any of the stances that those chinese people make, I'd hope you would make fun of me as well.

feel free to check out www.orbitalinternet.net and let me know if my stances are odd.

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Shouldn't that be... if a tree falls and hits charlie... does anyone care? :-)

632 Regal
12-28-2005, 06:49 PM
kinda like if your really really drunk and fall down, get up and no one sees you, did you really fall?

Gayle
12-28-2005, 06:53 PM
kinda like if your really really drunk and fall down, get up and no one sees you, did you really fall?

Doesn't that depend if you fall on your face and do damage?

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 07:45 PM

nope

mattyb
12-28-2005, 09:01 PM
damn right. and when the time zone comes around we're just gonna start on this end. so if u have a few roos loose in the top paddock mate get it sorted.

632 Regal
12-28-2005, 09:12 PM
excellent! I have "rarely" fallen then.
nope

kyleN20
12-28-2005, 10:24 PM
when i was in china they made fun of my dad cause he was much bigger than anyone there that we saw, he was cool with it though.

also when i went to disney i noticed all the europeans were very "metro", it was bad, haha, and i though it was funny, cause its not how we do things here, thats it,