PDA

View Full Version : How do I kill the alarm horn?

CrimsonBrian
03-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Is there a way to stop the horn from beeping every time I set and disengage the alarm? Ideally, I would like to just have the parking lights blink, if thats at all possible. Thanks in advance for your help!

Brian

Messerschmitt
03-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Just open the alarm control module under the rear seat and look for the small switch labeled horn or something like that. I think it's in a row of switches that control various options. Turn it off and close everything back up.

I did it several years ago. It makes the alarm/keyless alot more enjoyable

CrimsonBrian
03-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Just open the alarm control module under the rear seat and look for the small switch labeled horn or something like that. I think it's in a row of switches that control various options. Turn it off and close everything back up.

I did it several years ago. It makes the alarm/keyless alot more enjoyable

Thanks! Does that cause the parking lights to blink at all or is that something that cannot be done?

Brian

dave b
03-05-2004, 10:22 PM
You will have a whole range of options with the toggle switches. I have mine on stealthy, silent lock. All I hear is the cha-chink of the locks going down.

bimmernut
03-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Thanks! Does that cause the parking lights to blink at all or is that something that cannot be done?

Brian

Try this site. It worked on my '92 535i

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/alarm/e36_flash_hazard_lights_with_factory_alarm.html