PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a newbie, saying hello

brillantrot
11-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Matt and I'm from Georgia. I have a 1993 525ia, which as you can tell, is brillant red over parchment. I've owned the car for two years, and have a few little mods done to it. I am a regular lurker on www.mye28.com, as my first 5er was a 1983 528e.

A little bit about my car: 136k miles, auto tranny, but that doesn't stop me from autocrossing it! :D I've changed the shocks and springs for Bilstein Sports (f)/Koni Sports (rear), and Eibach springs. I love the firmness, and it is a tremendous improvement for autocrossing. I wish I had the adjustability of the Koni Sports in front, but the Bilsteins are nice. a TCD front strut tower bar rounds out the handling improvements, aside from wheels and tires, thus far. Wheels are 17" style 32 replicas (not as heavy as you'd think) wrapped in wonderful Toyo Proxes4 rubber. On the dessert menu are a Euro '95 M5 3.8 front, and Euro '95 M5T Nurburgring rear sway bars, per the suggestion from Bruno's website (so I've lurked here too).

A few cosmetic items done to the car include an M5 rear deck cover, and the Euro sidemarker trim. Here are some pictures from a Peachtree Chapter BMW CCA autocross. Enjoy!

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/dambrisi/Matt%208crop.jpg
http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/dambrisi/Matt%205crop.jpg

Kalevera
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
That second picture is kickass!

That guy in the background just....man....completes the image.

he he he

welcome!

best, whit

kyleN20
11-01-2005, 09:07 PM
looking sweet, superised you are a newbie, being youv had it for 2 years

brillantrot
11-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Whit,

You know, I guess I probably should have cropped that picture a little further, lol. That particular turn was a bear until I found the right line, which required late turn in...making the car feel much lighter than it is! (i.e. no plow)

Kyle,

As crazy as it sounds, I've often times forgotten that this forum is here. I'm here now, so I look forward to getting to know the cars and the members, and becoming a regular.

Matt

Alexlind123
11-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Nice car, i especially like the wheels. The remind me of alpina wheels. This talk of driving technique makes me wish i was near a track. Tack that onto the list of things to do before i die, along with learning to take decent pictures.

Torque
11-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Welcome.

Beautiful car; lovin' the wheels.

Man, I wish I could auto-x, but I work Sundays :( and thats when auto-x is always held.

Gayle
11-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey Torque,

Like your new sig pic (although I was fond of the black out one). Like the color.

Brian C.
11-01-2005, 11:19 PM
...."Pull me over and give me a ticket" red.

The pix look nice, but do I detect the sliiiiightest bit of space under that one wheel??? :p

Brian C.

Torque
11-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Hey Torque,

Like your new sig pic (although I was fond of the black out one). Like the color.Thank you.

I'm well known for changing sig pics on other forums as often as half a dozen times a day. I am not really satisfied with this one either. I'm gonna go dig through my collection of already made sigs. :D

Gayle
11-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Thank you.

I'm well known for changing sig pics on other forums as often as half a dozen times a day.

You and angrypancake. LOL

brillantrot
11-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the comments about the car, guys. I too have always loved the design of the style 32/Alpina radial spoke wheels. The car is an absolute blast to autocross, despite its size.

In our most recent autocross, I took 3rd in class, beating out quite a few e36s and even some e46s! Not sure if it's the car or the driver.;)

I'm dying to take it out to Road Atlanta, but I think the auto coupled with the inability to do any real engine braking would make quick work of my Hawk HPSs and PowerSlots.