PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want a set of bottlecap wheels for winter use?

Scott H
11-01-2005, 11:06 AM
I will have a set this afternoon when the 525iT arrives. I will be putting my E31 turbines with Nokian WRs on the car right away and the bottlecaps will not be needed. I am not looking for any money for the set and prefer the buyer be somewhat near me in 60448 zip code. I am willing to drive up to 100 miles to dump the wheels.

Bill R.
11-01-2005, 11:10 AM
I will have a set this afternoon when the 525iT arrives. I will be putting my E31 turbines with Nokian WRs on the car right away and the bottlecaps will not be needed. I am not looking for any money for the set and prefer the buyer be somewhat near me in 60448 zip code. I am willing to drive up to 100 miles to dump the wheels.

Scott H
11-01-2005, 11:28 AM
There is a good support structure here in Chicago as well as you guys on the board, so when I come across issues like CHF power steering (due to LAD rear suspn) being compatible with the ATF pump on the M30, I am confident that a solution is available. In this case, a qualified independent who is in the middle of a similar conversion, told me that the ATF p/s pump on the M30 will work with the CHF used on the touring.

I will try to document the process as much as possible but I think most of my time will be spent either working on it or maintaining a good relationship with my wife who is already critical of where I am placing my time and my money on this one. lol.

I have pretty much dismantled the M30 from my 535 and plan to rebuild it in completely stock form. I have contacted some machine shops in the area who are familiar with the engine and will start bringing in parts to get the engine moving.

I think I found a pretty good candidate for the swap. A 1992 525iT that has a bad headgasket and rough shifting tranmission. The price was right (otherwise I would not be doing this at all). More on the car when it shows up in my driveway this afternoon.

Regards,
Scott

azale
11-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Scott H,

You won't believe me but my wife just called to tell me that we need new wheels. I was actually getting on the board to look at what rims other people have bought.

I am coming from just north of Detroit and my wife and I have talked about going to Chicago for a few months now.

We might be able to meet you this weekend. Let me know what works for you.

Bill R.
11-01-2005, 12:04 PM
dual pump with 2 pumps in one body one behind the other. If your going to have self leveling still you'll need to use that tandem pump instead of the m30 pump.

There is a good support structure here in Chicago as well as you guys on the board, so when I come across issues like CHF power steering (due to LAD rear suspn) being compatible with the ATF pump on the M30, I am confident that a solution is available. In this case, a qualified independent who is in the middle of a similar conversion, told me that the ATF p/s pump on the M30 will work with the CHF used on the touring.

I will try to document the process as much as possible but I think most of my time will be spent either working on it or maintaining a good relationship with my wife who is already critical of where I am placing my time and my money on this one. lol.

I have pretty much dismantled the M30 from my 535 and plan to rebuild it in completely stock form. I have contacted some machine shops in the area who are familiar with the engine and will start bringing in parts to get the engine moving.

I think I found a pretty good candidate for the swap. A 1992 525iT that has a bad headgasket and rough shifting tranmission. The price was right (otherwise I would not be doing this at all). More on the car when it shows up in my driveway this afternoon.

Regards,
Scott

Scott H
11-01-2005, 12:09 PM
and install the sachs kit I had on the 535.......which should make it all work work in the end.....AFAIWT

dual pump with 2 pumps in one body one behind the other. If your going to have self leveling still you'll need to use that tandem pump instead of the m30 pump.

Jr ///M5
11-01-2005, 06:30 PM
All you have to do is yank out the PS pump on the ///M5, you're not using the LAD on it anyway. Besides, if you're planning to do any hauling in the touring, you'll need the benefit of the self leveling. =)

Phatty5BMW
11-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Hey scott, I live in the Quad Cities about 140 miles from you. If you still have the rims I'll take them off your hands. E-Mail me at Phatty5bmw@hotmail.com If you still want to get rid of them!!!

Kalevera
11-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Hey Scott -- From what I remember, your M30 had relatively low miles on it. Why the need to rebuild it, especiallly in "stock" form?

Mine's "in progress" as well. It's been sitting on a rollaround cart for a few weeks while I vacillate on what color(s) to paint the block/headers/intake/valve cover.

best, whit