PDA

View Full Version : New Purchase: 90 535i, and new user here.

rreimund
11-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Ok, so I couldn't remember if I had made a new purchase post or not... at least not a standalone thread, and I'm getting hassled to post the good news.

BTW, FWIW, the forum was instrumental in helping me formulate my decision, and has already helped in planning my modding/maintenance strategy.

It's a 1990 Red on Black 535i - 5 speed. I really lucked out. The original owner retired and moved to Florida about a month or so ago. His mechanic of 8 years (Joe Caruso at Caruso MotorSports in Westport, CT) bought it from him, along with 4 or 5 other customer cars, and now has 11 cars, so his wife made him sell a few. In any case, I bought it from him, so essentially I pretty nearly bought it from the original owner. Joe just redid the entire front end with new control arms and bushings, etc. and also put in four new Boge shocks. So that's all pretty well sorted. I've got some stuff I want to take care of myself.. some cosmetic (buff the paint, polish the windshield as it has a wiper scuff mark) and some mechanical (UUC short shifter, RacingKing's Rear Subframe bushings, EAT, etc.)

In any event, I've got some pictures on my cell phone which I've been too lazy to transfer to my PC, but I'll get those up shortly and post them here.

Looking forward to participating in the community as time allows.

granit_silber
11-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Congrats and welcome!
-ashley

duckloads
11-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Cangat's
I have a '91 535i 5 speed and really like the old car. It's not as comfy as my wife's 740i, but it "zipps" around real nice. Learn about all their quirks as they come up, and ask for help when you need it, and enjoy the ride.

rreimund
11-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll be on here with questions... hopefully I'll find them in the search first ;)

Already found the rocking seat fix.. going to try my hand on that this week sometime.