PDA

View Full Version : Is 77k miles fair for front suspension?

CJK525iT
11-01-2005, 09:26 AM
I was about to start complaining about my front end parts when I checked my repair log and discovered that I changed the front end parts (thrust & control arms) about 77k miles ago. My car now has 220k miles and I changed the front end parts just after I got it. Not sure what parts I put on but they were from BMA.

So on to my questions:

1. Is 77k miles fair for the front end
2. Are the Meyle OK, I don't think I bought lemfroder last time but I may be wrong.

I do have a few more than 77k miles on the front end but I figure the shimmy started a month ago, I just didn't get around to fixing it.

Thanks for your time.

Bill R.
11-01-2005, 09:59 AM
fact that they were aftermarket. That said i would still not use meyle if lemforder was available

I was about to start complaining about my front end parts when I checked my repair log and discovered that I changed the front end parts (thrust & control arms) about 77k miles ago. My car now has 220k miles and I changed the front end parts just after I got it. Not sure what parts I put on but they were from BMA.

So on to my questions:

1. Is 77k miles fair for the front end
2. Are the Meyle OK, I don't think I bought lemfroder last time but I may be wrong.

I do have a few more than 77k miles on the front end but I figure the shimmy started a month ago, I just didn't get around to fixing it.

Thanks for your time.