PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank strap

qball
10-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Has anybody ever had to replace one of the straps that holds the gas tank to the undercarriage? My buddy thinks one of his broke this morning. I'm going to have a look after work, but I was wondering where to get one and how hard it would be to replace if it needed.

peks
10-31-2005, 03:43 PM
use search function...

632 Regal
10-31-2005, 04:10 PM
BMA can get them, you can also order them from the dealer too, check prices. If you need to do one I would do both and be done with it.

InfernoM3
11-01-2005, 12:23 AM
Has anybody ever had to replace one of the straps that holds the gas tank to the undercarriage? My buddy thinks one of his broke this morning. I'm going to have a look after work, but I was wondering where to get one and how hard it would be to replace if it needed.
hey I bought some for my other e34 which I ended up selling before I got a change to replace. I can sell you for a few bucks off what i paid for them.

DanH
11-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Fairly simple procedure, only one bolt per strap located under the rear bumper IIRC.

Mine had round headed hex-key bolts that would not come out without reverse toothed bolt removers. Just do one at a time so you dont have to worry about supporting the tank to much.