PDA

View Full Version : Winter tires: Where to buy

jarome
10-31-2005, 11:26 AM
Anyone know a site and/or place that I can buy winter tires with rims?
I already checked tirerack but they are a little pricey. Checked ebay, but nothing on the 5.

I'm also looking for a set for my parents '02 3series.

Thanks in advance,
Jarome

DaCan23
10-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Craigslist

Tiger
10-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Nokian Hakka is the one to get... last way longer than Blizzak... about 2-3 times longer. No mail order for this tire is cheap... so find a local store. As for rims... I suggest you look at old sets.

I have an old set of 535i basketweaves... 3 have a bit of dent from result of hitting a pothole with low air... only one side... should not affect balance at all... believe me... I had that type of rims so beaten up... still balanced. Last one is perfect. Paint condition is a bit rough, but not so bad. I have caps for all four. All I am asking is $100 for the set plus shipping which should not be much.

632 Regal
10-31-2005, 04:15 PM
tiresavings.com

look at the Semperit Sport Grip, I love em.

Torque
10-31-2005, 04:36 PM
You can find bottlecaps on ebay for as cheap as new steelies.

At least on bottlecaps you will still be rolling in style ... as much style as they have.

Craig Wright
10-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Hakkapeliitta Q's I bought 4 last fall from http://www.tirefactory.net/ They are in Mich. They shipped to my installer w/in a few days. The tires are a bit more expensive than others, but well worth it. In my opinion they are better than the Blizzak's I had before. They have a much better grip than others due to the nature of the tread design and pattern. I purchased the road hazzard warranty which was honored 2 months later after I picked up a nail. I did not need rims so I dont know the answer to your second question. I live in N.E. Ohio which gets lake effect snow. I've never been stuck.

If you google search Nokian you will find their web site for a location near you.

PS whatever you decide to purchase, get 4!
Craig

jarome
11-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks guys for your input.