PDA

View Full Version : Slight OT Rim Repair??

callen
10-31-2005, 10:46 AM
My seven has some Borbet Type A wheels....came out back in 89..17" and like the way they look...keeps the il looking so LOOOONG.

Decided to get new rubber and when tire shop was balancing, one of the wheels was bent. Told them to balance anyway (as it rode smooth before) and it still rides does...but I want it fixed....

Question: Local shops in Houston really only repair cosmetic damage..anyone know of wheel repair shop that acually fixes bent rims (structural)...or does anyone have a 17" Borbet Type A laying around. :(

Thanks

DaCan23
10-31-2005, 11:39 AM
http://www.rimpro.com/

They can fix, but if they have a single in stock, you can buy it and send them your bent one in return as sort of a "core" refund I believe.

callen
10-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Called and spoke to Charles...he said he could do it...have you had any experience with them?

Thanks for Response.

DaCan23
10-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Personally I have not, but I will be using them in the spring. and all of the BMWCCA raves about them and I know people who have used them. In most cases a good wheel repair shop is pricey, but you get what you pay for, and from what I know their work justifys the cost.

Do they have one to exchange or will they actually repair yours?

Let us know how it goes.

Badkrma
10-31-2005, 05:54 PM
When I purchased my car it had three bent RD's. Went to Les Schwab and they sent them to some place in Portland, OR. Had them back in about a week. I feel they did a great job, sinc ethe old dude I purchased the car from I think use to do hockey stops with the gutters.

callen
11-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Repair mine...again it's a vintage 1990's era Borbet rim....think Borbet just started making 16" again but no 17's.

callen
11-01-2005, 01:50 PM
that's funny....(-;..by the way like the way your car looks....rims complement...