PDA

View Full Version : Imports to AUS under Personal Import Scheme

shogun
10-31-2005, 12:30 AM
Just read the following, maybe interesting for some of you in AUS:
quote:
The email I received contained the following:

The only scheme you can import your vehicle under is the Personal Import Scheme. To qualify for the Personal Import Scheme you have to have owned and used your vehicle overseas for 12 continuos months and be a Australian Permanent resident, applying for permanent residency, on a Sub Class 457 Visa, a Sub Class 410 Visa or travel on a New Zealand Passport. For information on duties and taxes you need to contact the Australian Customs Service. You can download the application form and find further information on importing vehicles from our website.

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/vsb_10.htm

Nick.Hay
10-31-2005, 12:32 AM
Hehehe.... I just posted that on the other forum!! ;)

shogun
10-31-2005, 01:03 AM
That's where I found it ;)
So your nick ther is "stnick" :)

genphreak
10-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Just read the following, maybe interesting for some of you in AUS:
quote:
The email I received contained the following:

The only scheme you can import your vehicle under is the Personal Import Scheme. To qualify for the Personal Import Scheme you have to have owned and used your vehicle overseas for 12 continuos months and be a Australian Permanent resident, applying for permanent residency, on a Sub Class 457 Visa, a Sub Class 410 Visa or travel on a New Zealand Passport. For information on duties and taxes you need to contact the Australian Customs Service. You can download the application form and find further information on importing vehicles from our website.

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/vsb_10.htmunless its 15 years old or more... then its ok. You can only register it for use on the public road if it passes compliance (by a lcensed compliance tester)...

Rory535i
10-31-2005, 02:16 AM
unless its 15 years old or more... then its ok. You can only register it for use on the public road if it passes compliance (by a lcensed compliance tester)...

That's how i got my car into australia. pain in the rectum.

genphreak
10-31-2005, 03:19 AM
That's how i got my car into australia. pain in the rectum.Yes but she's worth every moment and every dollar hey Rory? :) How much was compliance for your 535 btw?

mattyb
10-31-2005, 04:07 AM
Thanx shogun, i was just talking to my mate makoto on friday, and we were talking about finding an e34 in japan and bringing it back to oz. funny how when u start to think of somwhting its out there in the grander schene of things. he will be in tokyo late november. i will pm you about the hydro unit if still ok with u. thanx mate