PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: E34 M5 instrument cluster wiring diagram.

DCR
10-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Hello all,

I have a problem. I have just received my 2nd instrument cluster for my 1989 E34 M5. I fitted it only to find out that the same fault. The LED lights along the bottom (digital speedo etc) , the speedometer and fuel gauge do not work.

This is identical to what was wrong with the orginal cluster.

So a few hundred $$ later and I still dont have an operational E34 M5 cluster.

I am now thinking it is more the car wiring that may be astray after the conversion to RHD. The only thing going agianst this is that I can run a E34 525i cluster and it works perfectly.

I am going to have to have to go over the whole cluster wiring and compare it with an original E34 M5 instrument cluster wiring diagram.

He in lays the problem. I need an E34 M5 cluster diagram that shows all wiring to the cluster including all pin connections.

I will be forever greatful for any help. If you have one, could you please email it to me at dave@dcr62.net

Thanks in advance.
Dave

myles
10-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi Dave,

I don't have a wiring diagram, but I have a question for you. What are you using for a coding plug? Are you using the same plug in all of the clusters or are you using a different plug with each cluster?

I have been through a lot of instrument cluster grief with my car.

Myles

DCR
10-31-2005, 12:01 AM
Hi Dave,

I don't have a wiring diagram, but I have a question for you. What are you using for a coding plug? Are you using the same plug in all of the clusters or are you using a different plug with each cluster?

I have been through a lot of instrument cluster grief with my car.

Myles

I am using the different coding plugs. The original instrument cluster worked fine when the car was LHD. We converted it and it hasnt worked properly since. We used the cluster from the 525i front cut and it worked perfectly.

Gayle
10-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Just thought you needed a bump back to the front. You have a serious question that deserves attention.

DCR
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks Gayle. A few have responded by email. I think it may have been sorted.

Cheers
Dave