PDA

View Full Version : Why dip dip$hits on ebay list M5 in their descriptions for everything ?

Derek A.
10-30-2005, 03:28 PM
I see guys selling 300,000 mile m20 525i's with M5 in the tittle. Its like oh yeah - Was was considering an M5 - but your car looks much better instead.

(no flame intended on m20 300K+ mile e34's )

E34-520iSE
10-30-2005, 04:05 PM
I see guys selling 300,000 mile m20 525i's with M5 in the tittle. Its like oh yeah - Was was considering an M5 - but your car looks much better instead.

(no flame intended on m20 300K+ mile e34's ) I've seen it too - loads of ebay listings with M5 in the title or description. Maybe you get more people to look at the item by doing that. Loads of non-BMW owners know what an M5 is, but an E34 could be just a food additive!

Cheers,

Shaun

uscharalph
10-30-2005, 04:36 PM
I've seen it too - loads of ebay listings with M5 in the title or description. Maybe you get more people to look at the item by doing that. Loads of non-BMW owners know what an M5 is, but an E34 could be just a food additive!

Cheers,

Shaun
That's probably it.

kyleN20
10-30-2005, 04:40 PM
because people dream all day, nd search ebay, and then they see a car that looks similar, and is cheap and stuff, seems like a viable option

Kalevera
10-30-2005, 06:01 PM
because people dream all day, nd search ebay, and then they see a car that looks similar, and is cheap and stuff, seems like a viable option
True. This man speaks a lot of truth.

Idiots with some cash in the pocket will buy a 525 if it looks like an M5 and they don't care about the performance difference/can't afford the real mccoy.

Still doubtful? Why is there such a huge market for M5 styling/non performance parts? What's the psychology of sticking an M badge on a lesser car?

best, whit

Jon K
10-30-2005, 11:09 PM
True. This man speaks a lot of truth.

Idiots with some cash in the pocket will buy a 525 if it looks like an M5 and they don't care about the performance difference/can't afford the real mccoy.

Still doubtful? Why is there such a huge market for M5 styling/non performance parts? What's the psychology of sticking an M badge on a lesser car?

best, whit

Could I list mine as an M5? I mean... its sorta fast like one....

kyleN20
10-30-2005, 11:32 PM
id probally buy your car over some m5's jon

granit_silber
10-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Probally?!? :D
-ashley

ArtemLepilov
10-31-2005, 09:42 AM
Could I list mine as an M5? I mean... its sorta fast like one....

yea rite like u ever gonna sell it, jon :p

Haha

Craig Wright
10-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Whit, it's all in the projected image. It's also why you can buy a Rolex watch, Gucci shoes, etc. from a guy on the corner. Some people are just not satisfied with what they got. Little Feat have a line in a song...keepin' up with the Jones's is killin me...

Hell, (just my thoughts) most people probably don't know the difference between an M5 or any other variation of a 5 and would be just as impressed in seeing the guy drive up in a BMW.

Craig

Torque
10-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Hell, (just my thoughts) most people probably don't know the difference between an M5 or any other variation of a 5 and would be just as impressed in seeing the guy drive up in a BMW.

CraigRight on. If I bought a M5 right now and showed it to my friends, they would probably say 'it's same as the one you had'.

Incantation
10-31-2005, 11:55 AM
this is also marketing.. it's common for people listing stuff on ebay to put semi-related items in the title to get more views and come up in more lists

for example.. i buy parts for one of my motorcycles (a crf 50) and it's very common for me to see no-name brand bike parts listed with a title like " not honda, not crf50, bike engine casing for cheap" .. or something to that effect

kind of annoying.. but oh well

Craig Wright
10-31-2005, 01:11 PM
I hate to admit it, but my wife probably wouldn't know difference. I'd have to find a Salmon Silver M5 with rust at the bottom of the doors to get away with it!
Craig

DaCan23
10-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Heres something just as bad... but ya whateva AC Collectors Edition... heres what prolly happened.... PO bought the badges on Ebay and this sucker actually still believes he has a special car...

http://providence.craigslist.org/car/107111332.html

ArtemLepilov
10-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Heres something just as bad... but ya whateva AC Collectors Edition... heres what prolly happened.... PO bought the badges on Ebay and this sucker actually still believes he has a special car...

http://providence.craigslist.org/car/107111332.html

Haha - i didnt know AC Schnitzer S3... I mean 325I Came with the rims that looked worse than the ones on the car right now. And the seats that are stock E36 seats.. damn those AC-Schnitzher people are desceiving - put photos of sweet seats with an M-Technic steering wheel and AC Rims, when in reality - a real AC S3 has stock seats and everything (and everything else is an option in ACS) :p