PDA

View Full Version : Need suspension recommendations

Torque
10-29-2005, 07:07 PM
I am looking for something quite different than most people, so don't get mad right away and yell at me for not searching and reading - I have.

What shocks/springs can I get that are stiffer/better handling than stock, but DON'T give me more than an inch drop. I'm all for lowered cars, but we get snow here, and I can't afford to be ripping off bumpers, mufflers and oil pans.

btw, I don't care how stiff it is; I plan on keeping the car for at least 2 more years, so the stiffness is not an issue as I'm the only one driving the car.

Kalevera
10-29-2005, 07:18 PM
I am looking for something quite different than most people, so don't get mad right away and yell at me for not searching and reading - I have.

What shocks/springs can I get that are stiffer/better handling than stock, but DON'T give me more than an inch drop. I'm all for lowered cars, but we get snow here, and I can't afford to be ripping off bumpers, mufflers and oil pans.

btw, I don't care how stiff it is; I plan on keeping the car for at least 2 more years, so the stiffness is not an issue as I'm the only one driving the car.

Personally, I think the stiff ride might get to you, but that's all up to you...I don't have to live with it ;)

Try a Bilstein HD on stock springs.

best, whit

Torque
10-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Well I've had almost 2 years of my shocks going dead (rears aren't bad, but the front's suck) ... I think I can now take 2 years of leg breaking stifness. :D

Thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated.

winfred
10-29-2005, 07:26 PM
i liked the bilstein hd's/stock springs i had on my 535, our roads suck that and it's hard enough to not bash the gas tank on the ground allready so i didn't want to lower it

Incantation
10-31-2005, 02:21 AM
you still get reasonable clearance with a 1-2" drop.. i wouldn't worry too much about it