PDA

View Full Version : 94 Alarm system

limokid
03-05-2004, 11:17 AM
most of the posts for reprograming the keyless entry were for the transmitters not attached to the key itself,mine is the key, I accidently reprogramed the key away from the car, got to my car and the remote no longer worked, I disconnected the alarm box under back seat so the car could start but I can't get the key reprogrammed because when I put the fuse back in the alarm box it activates, also the obc turns off with this fuse out. how can I get this to work?

Tiger
03-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Look in the owner's manual... it tells you how to do it step by step.

limokid
03-15-2004, 03:14 PM
I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO RESET THE SYSTEM, I'M GUESSING ITS A SIEMENS SYSTEM THATS WHAT THE KEY SAYS ON IT.

Look in the owner's manual... it tells you how to do it step by step.

Tiger
03-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Oh, so you are saying if you plug the alarm back on... it will go off and you can't turn it off with the remote? Have you tried replacing the battery (you have to be quick on this thing or you will lose the code)? There is NO MANUAL OVERIDE on this alarm...

limokid
03-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Yeah thats it the alarm won't shut off, and I have new batteries in the key I was thinking to replace the key but its hard to find, and an expensive guess from the dealer, I even checked on ebay but there are slight differences like a trunk (or) a panic button but not both. Does it look like I'm going to the dealer.

Oh, so you are saying if you plug the alarm back on... it will go off and you can't turn it off with the remote? Have you tried replacing the battery (you have to be quick on this thing or you will lose the code)? There is NO MANUAL OVERIDE on this alarm...

Tiger
03-15-2004, 08:24 PM
That's dealer item only... $120 each. If I were you, I'd junk BMW security system... the biggest problem with it is antennae reception/interference. Alot of time, I was stuck in a point where I almost could not disarm the system in middle of nowhere (well, not middle of nowhere... stuck in a city) too many time and just by pure of luck, the alarm decided to disarm. The remote distance sucks too... not far at all. It supposedly supposed to close my windows with remote but could never get that to work.

It is the worse alarm system I ever seen. I'd junk the BMW alarm system and install a good aftermarket system using the existing wiring at harness to hook up new alarm. That you can do for the price of one or slightly more than one key at the stealer