PDA

View Full Version : i started my heater core project, i have some pics!!!

tim s
10-28-2005, 09:54 PM
i have 2 1/2 hours into the project & tomorrow i will have help to finish.
it only took me a year & a half to get the bravory to do it. i would rather change my valve cover or intake gaskets.
http://www.tntcomp.com/tim%20s/heatercore.htm
tim s.

ArtemLepilov
10-28-2005, 10:34 PM
it only took me a year & a half to get the bravory to do it. i would rather change my valve cover or intake gaskets.
tim s.

THANK YOU :)

I need to do the same thing on my car i fear. Do I need to tear apart the steering wheel and the entire dash board completely?

-Artem

uscharalph
10-29-2005, 12:52 AM
tim s.
Damn! That's a a lot of work.

tim s
10-29-2005, 05:43 AM
i did need to remove the steering wheel but not the cluster.
i am now going to hopfully finish it.
thanks
tim s.

shogun
10-29-2005, 06:13 AM
Good Luck, tim. Good that you make pics. Also take notes where which part or screw was located. I did some bigger projects before and I know that it is sometimes difficult to remember.

Badkrma
10-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Wow, from the pictures, it looks like you did more work then you needed to..... I did my heater core right when I purchased the car, so I knew nothing about anything on the car. Took 6 or 8 hours, I can't remember. Do mark all of yor screws on a paper towel or something. I ended up with two screws and I have no idea where they went, because I put a screw in every hole???!!!!.......

tim s
10-29-2005, 08:13 PM
i spent a total of 6 hours on the heater core & 3 hours on the expansion valve & an a/c leak. the only thing i dis-assembled that i did not need to was the cluster. everything else needed to come out. as i removed panels i laid the screw on the panels in the trunk so i would know what was what. when i re-installed everything i ended up installing screws that where missing & did not have anything left over. if i needed to do it again i am sure it would take less time.
do not let the expansion valve fool you, it is one of those things that even though you see the entire thing does not make it easy to change.

Thanks to everyone on this board, i don't think i would have tried to do these things without the help & support!
happy camper, tim s.

uscharalph
10-30-2005, 01:10 AM
i spent a total of 6 hours on the heater core & 3 hours on the expansion valve & an a/c leak. the only thing i dis-assembled that i did not need to was the cluster. everything else needed to come out. as i removed panels i laid the screw on the panels in the trunk so i would know what was what. when i re-installed everything i ended up installing screws that where missing & did not have anything left over. if i needed to do it again i am sure it would take less time.
do not let the expansion valve fool you, it is one of those things that even though you see the entire thing does not make it easy to change.

Thanks to everyone on this board, i don't think i would have tried to do these things without the help & support!
happy camper, tim s.
Congrats. Everything works OK?

tim s
10-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Congrats. Everything works OK?
thanks for asking.
tim s.

uscharalph
10-30-2005, 05:32 PM
thanks for asking.
tim s.
Cool!

grease
10-30-2005, 09:12 PM
Hey guys, looks like your breaking your back for more than you need to. I did botha heater core and an evaporator 6 months apart and do maybe 3/4 what you did. Can you explain why you guys removed the steering wheel and/or instrument panel cluster??? Did none of that, infact I think that you can do an evaporator without even taking the center console out.

Question; did you have to remove your stepper motor or did the heater core piping squeeze around.