PDA

View Full Version : the world's cheapest thrust arms on ebay...

ryan roopnarine
10-28-2005, 08:02 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CONTROL-ARM-bmw-530I-94-95-bushing-auto-car-part-LH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33583QQitemZ80088354 96QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

buy it now for the arm w/ no bushing is $13.63 +$12.90 shipping=26.53
" with a bushing is $21.95 $22.90 shipping=44.85

the bushing must add a hell of a lot of weight for the $18 dollar shipping differential :D
it doesn't even say that they were "made in germany" like the other people trying to sell the hamburg technik. i wonder what asian country these things are made in and how strong they really are.

ps...this price doesn't even beat mr. meyle guy on ebay. he'll sell you two pairs of upper and lower arms with 750 bushings, two tie rods, two sway bar links, and an idler arm for $17x-$20x. divided, that's less than 19$ per part (assuming all parts are equal in cost, which they aren't).

uscharalph
10-28-2005, 08:21 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CONTROL-ARM-bmw-530I-94-95-bushing-auto-car-part-LH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33583QQitemZ80088354 96QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

buy it now for the arm w/ no bushing is $13.63 +$12.90 shipping=26.53
" with a bushing is $21.95 $22.90 shipping=44.85

the bushing must add a hell of a lot of weight for the $18 dollar shipping differential :D
it doesn't even say that they were "made in germany" like the other people trying to sell the hamburg technik. i wonder what asian country these things are made in and how strong they really are.

ps...this price doesn't even beat mr. meyle guy on ebay. he'll sell you two pairs of upper and lower arms with 750 bushings, two tie rods, two sway bar links, and an idler arm for $17x-$20x. divided, that's less than 19$ per part (assuming all parts are equal in cost, which they aren't).
Why even bring it up? At one point I was tempted, but I'm going to continue to save for proper lemforder parts.

ryan roopnarine
10-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Why even bring it up? At one point I was tempted, but I'm going to continue to save for proper lemforder parts.

i was looking through ebay for completely unrelated parts yesterday and saw these. even directly typing in "control arms" will not bring them up as a result. i was hoping somebody would pipe in and say "these are xxx made by yyy in china". its a curiosity to me. i also want to find out who actually makes the hamburg technik stuff, as they only seem to exist as a brand name so far as fcp groton is concerned. hopefully im not tempting anyone to buy this crap, i wouldn't. i just wonder (aloud) how anybody could afford to make this stuff and sell it for the prices they do.

Bill R.
10-28-2005, 08:37 AM
name, neither one manufactures any parts, they are just a distributor or middleman who contracts with various cheap suppliers usually chinese i would imagine since they are currently the cheapest right now and then slaps their own brand on these products and sells them.. Lemforder is actually a manufacturer of their own products, trw is also a manufacturer not just a distributor. IF its sold in the US by a regular parts supplier then the country of origin must be on the part, however I don't know if the ebay guys can skate around that requirement or not...If you notice any parts you buy from autozone, checkers etc any large retail parts house you'll find the country somewhere on there.. such as most of the fuel filters i see at autozone now are from israel..

i was looking through ebay for completely unrelated parts yesterday and saw these. even directly typing in "control arms" will not bring them up as a result. i was hoping somebody would pipe in and say "these are xxx made by yyy in china". its a curiosity to me. i also want to find out who actually makes the hamburg technik stuff, as they only seem to exist as a brand name so far as fcp groton is concerned. hopefully im not tempting anyone to buy this crap, i wouldn't. i just wonder (aloud) how anybody could afford to make this stuff and sell it for the prices they do.

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
10-28-2005, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=ryan roopnarine]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CONTROL-ARM-bmw-530I-94-95-bushing-auto-car-part-LH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33583QQitemZ80088354 96QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
QUOTE]

I like the text in the ad:

Brand New in Box, aftermarket replacement part. Now you can get OEM quality at 1/4 the dealer price!! Don't let your vehicle not pass inspection because of a bad control arms. Replace your broken, sand blasted looking, yellowed, or damaged one now with this great looking, great fitting, alternative. It meets or exceeds OEM specifications.

Do you think they mainly sell clear corners or cheap headlights? "great looking control arm" - LOL.

HDhandyman
10-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Here in the US, Buying Chinese=Cheap anything right now is a really sensitive topic. I myself feel personally responsible to check almost everything I buy right now. This unfortunately makes Ebay a less and less viable option, as it is a world market-place, and DOES NOT have to comply with US shipping/manufacturing regulations.

Torque
10-28-2005, 09:24 AM
When I buy control arms, I take my mom, girfriend, sister and whichever other woman happens to be around, seat them around the monitor, then we look at their 'prettyness' and I buy the best looking ones.

No ball joint ? No bushing ? Who cares, it looks pretty.

Dash01
10-28-2005, 09:28 AM
That's not the half of it: Red Chinese generals have let the cat out of the bag that their official strategic plan is to prepare for the INEVITABLE war with us. So, when you buy Chinese products at the BigBox store, you're in effect subsidizing their military machine, including the weapons they plan to use against us.

dacoyote
10-28-2005, 09:59 AM

Because it's fun to beat a dead horse.....

632 Regal
10-28-2005, 11:53 AM
their official strategic plan is to prepare for the INEVITABLE war with us.

I heard this a long time ago... sure hope some Bush decendant isnt in office at that time.

genphreak
10-30-2005, 06:12 PM
I heard this a long time ago... sure hope some Bush decendant isnt in office at that time.HT parts are German, though if they are that bad, perhaps they are actually East German and or made out of Russian metals? However they probably come from a variety of factories as there are so many cars to make them for.... the tooling is seldom duplicated that much.

OMG, they are practically 'god damn commie made' :D that's almost enough to scare tha pants off any red-blooded American war veteran.

FYI; Nothing wrong with Meyle, Sashs, Boge, Lemfoerder- these brands are all owned by ZF.

Of course I'm probably wrong about the East German/Russian/Commie made assertion... all the HT parts I've seen say 'Made in Germany' on them.

:) Nick