PDA

View Full Version : cruise control

colamangr
10-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Hello!

I bought and install a set of a cruise control. Everything ok till i tried to test it... I went with 50km/h but it didn't worked! i checked everything again but nothing... The only noticable is when i connected the motor it maked a sound for 5 seclike it was working. My questions are...
1. Do i need a clutch switch(Or something like that)?
2. What else could be fault?
3. Does it matter that i connected the cruise ecu without disconecting the battery?

Thanks!

dacoyote
10-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Hello!

3. Does it matter that i connected the cruise ecu without disconecting the battery?

Thanks!

"Here is your sign......."

uscharalph
10-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Hello!

I bought and install a set of a cruise control. Everything ok till i tried to test it... I went with 50km/h but it didn't worked! i checked everything again but nothing... The only noticable is when i connected the motor it maked a sound for 5 seclike it was working. My questions are...
1. Do i need a clutch switch(Or something like that)?
2. What else could be fault?

Thanks!
My cruise control has never worked since I bought the car. It's something on my list, just not that high up.

Interceptor
10-28-2005, 08:31 AM
My cruise control has never worked since I bought the car. It's something on my list, just not that high up.
Same here. I think it's the clutch switch, since I don't hear it's clicking like when I press the brake pedal. Two clicks actually.

romus
10-28-2005, 09:07 AM
hehe mine works but i've hardly ever used it. Went on a 1200km trip each way and prefered the foot on the pedal for most of the journey...:)

just a little input from me ;) i dont know the answer to your question unfortunatelly

colamangr
10-28-2005, 10:08 AM
"Here is your sign......."
So you think that something happened there?
And if you think that, what could that be???

HDhandyman
10-28-2005, 10:37 AM
So, maybe everybody here already knows this , but when I checked on recalls for my car last week I found cruise control throttle cable on the list. Apparently one of the more common recalls with all E34s. So Cruise Control wasn't working, but after taking to Stealer and getting free fix, it now works like a champ. Maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't.

Stephen