PDA

View Full Version : Starting problem

garysaini
10-28-2005, 05:32 AM
Wanted to post this since I have learnt a lot from this board.

Yesterday, I went out to start the car. As I turned the key, everything normal happened except the starter won't turn. Kept trying for a while. Lights, accessories everything worked except for starter. I tried nearly 2 hours later and car started up normally. Now I took it to the indy. He read the computer information and diagnosed that there was a burgler activity and therefore car immoblizer was activated.

As I started to think about the sequence of steps I realized that problem must have started when I went to open the car. Since there was frost outside as I turned the car key in the driver side door lock, it turned with little difficulty and only partially opened the driver side door. Other locks remained armed. I think this let computer to believe that someone was trying to steal the car and immoblized it.

Now everything is working fine and I am making sure I turn the key all the way in the door lock to unlock all the locks in the car. One just have to wait a while and check back to see if car starts after sometime. I read somewhere that it could be upto 30 minutes for immoblizer timer.

Wanted to post this as a tip in case someone else faces it.