PDA

View Full Version : Picture help

wingman
10-28-2005, 05:17 AM
I've finally got some half decent photos of my car and my plate (that opened Pandora's Box a few weeks ago!!!) I can't seem to attach the photos to my signature. I've followed all the rules but still can't get it to work.. I run MAC OSx using Safari as my server. Please help!

Gayle
10-28-2005, 06:35 AM
Are you getting an error message that the files or too large? It would be easier to help if you told us what happens.

Here is BigKriss's write up on posting pictures. It has a download for resizing picture and it explains how to host. I use both imageshack (link in Kristain's post) and photobucket http://www.photobucket.com/ Sometimes one or the other just won't work for reasons I don't understand. Sometimes I just crop to get the size down to 39 kb and just directly attach.

Badkrma
10-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Gayle,

Just wanted you to know that I finally figured out on the picture posting. Thanks for all the help.

Stephen

uscharalph
10-28-2005, 08:22 AM
I've finally got some half decent photos of my car and my plate (that opened Pandora's Box a few weeks ago!!!) I can't seem to attach the photos to my signature. I've followed all the rules but still can't get it to work.. I run MAC OSx using Safari as my server. Please help!
Wee neeed much more info to help you!

Qsilver7
10-28-2005, 09:16 AM
one of the first things to look at is if your images have the appropriate suffix at the end of it's file name. Apple images don't necessarily end in:
* .jpg
* .gif
* . bmp

Look at your files and see if they end with an image suffix...if they don't...just add .jpg to the end of the name (I'll assume you know how to rename your Mac files.)...and see if that helps. :D

HDhandyman
10-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Check the ending suffix---then add these tags to the beginning and end of the image URL.

Tags= (begining)

Tags= (end)

hope this helps--you can PM me if you need help checking the suffix.

Stephen

kyleN20
10-28-2005, 11:35 AM
listen to gayle, she is talented in this

wingman
10-29-2005, 02:32 AM
mmmmm,
I'm using a jpeg file that I've reduced to fit inside the required parameters. I've managed to get an awful photo on my profile but I can't seem to attach one to my signature. I'll try again soon and let you all know EXACTLY what's happening.

mattyb
10-29-2005, 05:04 AM
send a private message to bigkriss, he knows the routine.

Gayle
10-29-2005, 08:16 AM
To do your picture profile, did you upload directly from your computer or did you link a hosted picture?

For the signature, I am pretty sure you have to be using a hosted picture and do the and around the url to the hosting site. I don't think you can directly upload for the signature.

Photobucket will both resize and generate the code for you. Imageshack generates the code for you but insists that the pic be zipped before it will accept it.