PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen Sensor Information

shogun
10-27-2005, 09:48 PM
http://www.wps.com/LPG/o2sensor.html

BTW: I just read on German 7-Forum.com about an interesting experiment which someone made to revitalize the dead oxy sensor of his 750.
He use a propan gas burner to test it with a DMM at different temperatures just out of curiosity.
The result was that the oxy sensor worked again and very good. Apparently he burned away all the stuff which clogged the slots on the sensor
That might be a good idea to make your oxy sensor running again, and use such procedure before you go to the emission test.
Have not yet done/tried it personally, so do it at your own risk. Might be wortha trial with an old spare oxy sensor first.

onewhippedpuppy
10-28-2005, 06:02 AM
$52 each at O'Reilly's for a 540, just thought I'd throw that in. Easily the cheapest I could find.

shogun
10-28-2005, 06:32 AM
Well, in Germany a oxy sensor costs easily >100 $. So for an 540 you just have to pay >200 $ or use a gas burner to clean it (if it really works).
Here in Japan I have to pay abt. 300 $ per oxy sensor.
Same is with fuel injectors. They cost here 300 $ a piece, in my case I need 12 of these. And I do have some 750. That is why I bought them for 378 $/12 pc at fiveomotors.

ra_pro
10-28-2005, 10:28 AM
What' O'Reilly's, dealer web-site? Please specify.

onewhippedpuppy
10-28-2005, 10:34 AM
It's a USA auto parts chain. I'm not sure if they sell/ ship online. Sorry, I often forget that we have a worldwide group of enthusiasts here.

$300 per?! Ouch, that hurts.

CheapCheap1
10-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Could you pls share w/ us here the contact info or ph-number of O'Reilly?
Also, whose O2-Sensor (Walker or Bosch) are you using? ($52/each is a very good price...!!!)

Well, I need to replace 4 of them on my '95 5401/Auto (68+Kmiles) very soon...

$52 each at O'Reilly's for a 540, just thought I'd throw that in. Easily the cheapest I could find.

It's a USA auto parts chain. I'm not sure if they sell/ ship online. Sorry, I often forget that we have a worldwide group of enthusiasts here.

$300 per?! Ouch, that hurts.

onewhippedpuppy
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM
http://www.oreillyauto.com/B2C/vehicle.ecatalog

The brand on it was Beck Arnley World Parts, which I think are often made by other brands and distributed by Beck Arnley. These looked suspiciously like Bosch, but no brand stamped on them.

CheapCheap1
10-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Many thanks, onewhippedpuppy...
(Very glad to here from another "nikasil" dude... Yeah, mine still has the "original" nikasil block. :D)

So far, did you have any low-mpg or rich mixture?
(My mpg just dropped about 8-10%, from the prevous test by my indy...25.86 mpg @ 60 Mph/1620 rpm. Anyway, from the history of the car, the O2-Sensor has never been replaced. So, I think it's about time.)

Will check it out when I get home this evening.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/B2C/vehicle.ecatalog

The brand on it was Beck Arnley World Parts, which I think are often made by other brands and distributed by Beck Arnley. These looked suspiciously like Bosch, but no brand stamped on them.

onewhippedpuppy
10-31-2005, 08:35 PM
It hasn't thrown any CELs since I replaced them, and my mileage is up to 27 hwy at 75 MPH or so without A/C, it was about 25.

Bill R.
10-31-2005, 08:48 PM
banned, If your timetable is anything like it is here then your gas pumps just switched about 2 or 3 weeks ago to the wintertime rfg. Your gas mileage on 10 to 20% ethanol will drop at a minimum of 10% for the winter months.

Many thanks, onewhippedpuppy...
(Very glad to here from another "nikasil" dude... Yeah, mine still has the "original" nikasil block. :D)

So far, did you have any low-mpg or rich mixture?
(My mpg just dropped about 8-10%, from the prevous test by my indy...25.86 mpg @ 60 Mph/1620 rpm. Anyway, from the history of the car, the O2-Sensor has never been replaced. So, I think it's about time.)

Will check it out when I get home this evening.