PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for car show categories and voting

Gayle
10-27-2005, 09:02 PM
I think we have all quit reading the stickies above so I thought I would bring this down for discussion. Ed suggested 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and most creative photography. Jeff suggested best stock and best modified. It would be nice if everyone could get recognized for what is special about their car. I went to a small high school and there were so many awards that everyone got one. I prospose that anyone who wants to win should be able to win.

I think some people would like to seriously compete and others just joined in as a show of support for the board. Let's have two tracks. (1) One for people who want to compete and (2) one for people who want to name a category that is so narrow that they will win (like hmm, best license plate :p ).

BimmerNut Ed--Instead of winning stuff, how about a Hall of Champions? The winner could put one picture with their title and a little writeup.

We have already established the category of Jr's coronation with its sole entrant.

These are the other categories I propose.

Best overall--appearance and performance

Best mods collection--performance

Best mods collection--appearance

Best single mod

Best stock

Best saved from death car

Best paint

Sexiest wheels

Best photography

Best photographic location

Most potential

Let's make it where people can only compete in one category. People can either put themselves in a category or be nominated for a category. If nominated for more than one category, people would have to select one. This is 12 categories and there are 44 participants (no guarantees on the accuracy of my counting). We can add more or eliminate some.

These are just ideas for discussion. What do you think guys?

Incantation
10-27-2005, 09:10 PM
what is most potential for?

Gayle
10-27-2005, 09:17 PM
what is most potential for?

I think that was a category suggested by Nick Hay a while back. I sort of thought of it as a way of saying that it is the car that needs the most work. LOL

So what do you think of the categories or the suggested process?

Torque
10-27-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm gonna go take off all removable panels, put 2 steelies on my car and take some pics. I want to win the most potential. kthxbye

angrypancake
10-27-2005, 09:29 PM
I like stuff. Not that I would win anything, but it's the idea of stuff. I vote hall of champions and stuff!

kyleN20
10-27-2005, 09:53 PM
i still cant post pics, otherwise, me and my coolpix would be in ZERO catagories, im one of those guys that loves the e34 to death, but knows he doesent have enough money to do somthing about it, though knowing how to post pics would be nice, my dad just diid my lkm at work (daimler chrysler headquarters) and he took a bunch of pics, said he found about 5 bad solders, BTW lkm sitll doesent work, HA

Incantation
10-27-2005, 09:56 PM
if u have no money get some clear corners.. cheap start.. looks nice

kyleN20
10-27-2005, 09:59 PM
i wanna go smoked

Gayle
10-27-2005, 10:13 PM
We have already established the category of Jr's coronation with its sole entrant. Junior

These are the other categories I propose.

Best overall--appearance and performance
Jon K
DCR

Best mods collection--performance

Best mods collection--appearance
Brodee's touring that is not entered in the show

Best single mod

Best stock

Best saved from death car
Pyro

Best paint

Sexiest wheels
Liquidtiger
I will nominate myself for my oem m parallels

Best photography/Most creative photograpy
Mzarifkar's Stephanie
Randall
Qube
AlexLind123

Best photographic location
YFZ
Who had the picture overlooking the gorge? Can't find it.

Most potential Strike this category after the razing.

Most loved e34 that doesn't fit in another category
KyleN20 (and Kyle--I'll help you with posting pics)

Car with most bad ass owner
Angrypancake
Winfred

Edit:

Most distinctive white
Nick Hay
BigKriss
Nealf

Best bimmer owned by a board administrator
Bimmer Nut Ed

uscharalph
10-27-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm gonna go take off all removable panels, put 2 steelies on my car and take some pics. I want to win the most potential. kthxbye
You don't have a chance there, your car is too nice! LOL!!

uscharalph
10-27-2005, 10:23 PM
i wanna go smoked
Then go smoked!

uscharalph
10-27-2005, 10:24 PM
i still cant post pics, otherwise, me and my coolpix would be in ZERO catagories, im one of those guys that loves the e34 to death, but knows he doesent have enough money to do somthing about it, though knowing how to post pics would be nice, my dad just diid my lkm at work (daimler chrysler headquarters) and he took a bunch of pics, said he found about 5 bad solders, BTW lkm sitll doesent work, HA
Sure you can post pictures, they're already being hosted on yahoo.

Incantation
10-27-2005, 10:27 PM
if u have no money get some smoked corners.. cheap start.. looks alright

Gayle
10-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Sure you can post pictures, they're already being hosted on yahoo.

There is something funky with that site or that url. I tried using his link and put around it and it didn't behave right. Why don't you see if you can display his pic.

uscharalph
10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
There is something funky with that site or that url. I tried using his link and put around it and it didn't behave right. Why don't you see if you can display his pic.
Yeah I tried a few times in the testing area and couldn't get it to work.

Anyone know how to post pictures fro Yahoo?

uscharalph
10-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Couldn't do it from Yahoo but here is one of Kyle's pictures. He should be able to do it this way

liquidtiger720
10-28-2005, 12:15 AM
www.photobucket.com is your friend.

uscharalph
10-28-2005, 12:58 AM
www.photobucket.com is your friend.
That's funny I was just going to check it out and it's closed for maitenance. LOL!!!

Badkrma
10-28-2005, 08:38 AM
That was my photo posting issue. I was trying to post from yahoo and couldn't make it work. Just used photobucket and all is well.

peks
10-28-2005, 09:36 AM
i say just crown junior at be done.. but if we have to have 90 categories, winfreds car definitely wins the "best saved from death" category. ohh... that cars not around anymore, is it...

kyleN20
10-28-2005, 10:35 AM
how about most lights not working at on time, im pretty sure i got that one taken care of, damnit i need disposable income, haha