PDA

View Full Version : carzy idea, slightly OT

kyleN20
10-27-2005, 03:48 PM
so, heres my idea, you get about 5 major members from each state, you all get together, pitch in on a POS bmw, like an 84 e30, or somthing to that extent, probally no more then 400 bucks, take a month or two, every "team" gets it track ready doing various mods, most likly with a price cap, and meet somewhere and race/test machines. end of the day, i dono figure someone get a samll prize, maybe a BS trophy, and then sell the car on ebay or somthing, what do yall think.

BTW when did i become a Big, Big poster, how many posts is that?

ArtemLepilov
10-27-2005, 03:57 PM
so, heres my idea, you get about 5 major members from each state, you all get together, pitch in on a POS bmw, like an 84 e30, or somthing to that extent, probally no more then 400 bucks, take a month or two, every "team" gets it track ready doing various mods, most likly with a price cap, and meet somewhere and race/test machines. end of the day, i dono figure someone get a samll prize, maybe a BS trophy, and then sell the car on ebay or somthing, what do yall think.

Im all in!! If we split the cost of the car sompletely and work on it together and have a place to work on it in every state somewhere near each other, that would ROCK!!! I am 100% in, one of these breaks i get i support you.

I live in MA BTW - any more MA ppl? Boston area.... Greater worcester area??? Cmooon :p

BTW - I can get cars for way under $400 over here, with cragslist and all. If only i had people who could tow them and if i had places i could repair them in... I live in an apartment.. fix my car on the street :(

I got my E34 for $1200 :p
And i used to have an old rusted E30 from 86 that i got for $250

-Artem

Big time poster = >100; Big big time poster => 200; and i know the grand master is over 1k posts...

There might be a big big big time poster or something, but im not sure

kyleN20
10-27-2005, 04:09 PM
maybe thats 500

Zeuk in Oz
10-27-2005, 04:26 PM

Great idea ! I suggest we all meet in Iceland and have the race there because it is half way between anywhere and anywhere else in the world ! :D

Big, Big poster is either 200 posts or lack of attention to your diet, whichever comes first.

uscharalph
10-27-2005, 04:43 PM

200 posts, I think.

632 Regal
10-27-2005, 05:00 PM
think its 100

ArtemLepilov
10-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Back to the original topic... Who is up for it?
Really interested!

Also - what kind of racing are we talking about? Autocross, 0-60, quarter mile, laps around track, Rally? Rally would be sick!!!

If we are going to pull it off we should make teams now and all. one thing that is a problem - we probably dont have 250 people on this forum 5 from each state...

Am i the only MA person here? :D

-Artem

uscharalph
10-27-2005, 07:23 PM
think its 100
Big time poster is 100. Big big time poster is 200. It's been so long since you've been there Jeff. LOL!!!!

uscharalph
10-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Back to the original topic... Who is up for it?
Really interested!

Also - what kind of racing are we talking about? Autocross, 0-60, quarter mile, laps around track, Rally? Rally would be sick!!!

If we are going to pull it off we should make teams now and all. one thing that is a problem - we probably dont have 250 people on this forum 5 from each state...

Am i the only MA person here? :D

-Artem
You'll probably get a better idea as that E34 owners map fills up. There's 76 members on it now.

kyleN20
10-27-2005, 07:29 PM
soooo sorry about the side question, but seriously back to the main event, thoughts, maybe only allow big big time posters, to keep numbers down, being i just made it, haha, but i think this could be alot of fun, race in all catagories, it would be like a golf outing where we all just have a ton of fun, maybe even find out how much it cost to rent a track, and have a e34 track day, pick like mid ohio or something.

ArtemLepilov
10-27-2005, 07:38 PM
soooo sorry about the side question, but seriously back to the main event, thoughts, maybe only allow big big time posters, to keep numbers down, being i just made it, haha, but i think this could be alot of fun, race in all catagories, it would be like a golf outing where we all just have a ton of fun, maybe even find out how much it cost to rent a track, and have a e34 track day, pick like mid ohio or something.

I would suggest picking the ones who know mechanical stuff well and are enthusiastic about racing... (im gonna make it soon too at the rate that im going at :P i didnt have any posts a week ago... haha)

-Artem

kyleN20
10-27-2005, 07:59 PM
nice

Jon K
10-27-2005, 08:06 PM
I've got access to a E21, an M52 2.8L w/ trans, a M50/52 turbo manifold, and a T4 turbo... :)

but thats not fair.

ArtemLepilov
10-27-2005, 08:09 PM
I've got access to a E21, an M52 2.8L w/ trans, a M50/52 turbo manifold, and a T4 turbo... :)

but thats not fair.

Hahaha, Jon we should all have a limited budget and no you cannot spend $30k on this one :p hahaha :D

angrypancake
10-27-2005, 09:22 PM
I don't think state vs state would work all that well. It would be too tedious, and filling out brackets for 50 cars is too much thinking for me. If it was to actually be set up, I proopse that it should be something like New England versus Middle Atlantic, and so on and so forth. About 4 states could comprise a region, or a common meeting place for a decent sized group. And for the record if this actually happens New England can't be called New England because the Patriots suck. This could potentially be an awesome project and attract a lot of attention, not that there isn't a decent amount already. It kind of sucks to be ethocentric, so there's gotta be a way to include members from outside of the US. Special guest appearances and such. Eh, could be doable. Regardless, it's way past my drinking time.

kyleN20
10-27-2005, 09:38 PM
yeah, im sorry, but take that god-damned thing off yer sig,not only is it freaking me out more than the burger king guy, i cant read a damn paragraph with it staring me down like that