PDA

View Full Version : Umm... I took this thing out a While ago and..

ArtemLepilov
10-27-2005, 02:31 PM
I was wondering if I needed a replacement for it. It is an electric fan that goes in the front of the radiator. The thing was rusted to the point that it would barely move, later on I owuld be able to move it with my hand but I applied a lot of force to make it move. So Because it was broken i pulled it because it wouldnt work anyway.

Basicaly that part is called an "additional blower" and it sits in the front of the car. heres a schematic:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/y/331.png

granit_silber
10-27-2005, 03:05 PM
I was wondering if I needed a replacement for it. It is an electric fan that goes in the front of the radiator. The thing was rusted to the point that it would barely move, later on I owuld be able to move it with my hand but I applied a lot of force to make it move. So Because it was broken i pulled it because it wouldnt work anyway.

Basicaly that part is called an "additional blower" and it sits in the front of the car. heres a schematic:

It's your aux cooling fan. Yes, you should definitely replace it.
-ashley

ArtemLepilov
10-27-2005, 03:21 PM
It's your aux cooling fan. Yes, you should definitely replace it.
-ashley

Will do :) Just wanted to know if it was a vital part - the car seems to be driving fine without it...

-Artem

Jay 535i
10-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Mine doesn't work, but the car runs fine. No A/C, though, which requires the aux fax, but my A/C has other issues.

ArtemLepilov
10-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Mine doesn't work, but the car runs fine. No A/C, though, which requires the aux fax, but my A/C has other issues.

Oh, my A/C works but this fan thing never worked. i suppose ill collect a budget for the car and then spend it on these minor things that dont work... not like i need to use A/C at all - Temp is in 30s here!!!!! :p

-Artem

Kalevera
10-27-2005, 04:33 PM
It *helps* in hotter climates; you should be fine. I ran all summer with a bad resistor, hence no fan. No overheating, except a tick or two above in none other than Detroit at the end of summer.

Also, I've seen a few E34s with bad aux fans and working A/C. It helps increase the efficiency of the system, but it isn't really necessary if the car does a lot of highway driving.

best, whit

uscharalph
10-27-2005, 04:39 PM

Can't see the picture.

632 Regal
10-27-2005, 05:06 PM
see a big red X?

Can't see the picture.
its the front fan behind the grill.