PDA

View Full Version : performance Chips on ebay

sirius_GTO
10-26-2005, 02:54 PM
I found one for 40 bucks shipped and said that it would increase by 22+ hp (im assuming crank and not wheel hp). Is this true? I read his feedback and people seemed to like it and think that it's worth it because they saw a increase in HP.

thanks

granit_silber
10-26-2005, 02:56 PM
I found one for 40 bucks shipped and said that it would increase by 22+ hp (im assuming crank and not wheel hp). Is this true? I read his feedback and people seemed to like it and think that it's worth it because they saw a increase in HP.

thanks
Buy chips from MarkD (EAT chips at the top of the page) or from Jim Conforti.
-ashley

ArtemLepilov
10-26-2005, 02:58 PM

thanks

I think they just program (Flash) blank EEPROMs and mass-sell them. Its quite profitable but if you dont know how to program a chip, it is also cheap and useful for you as well...

Speaking of which - I was wondering for a long time if anyone knows where to get an EEPROM image like that... (i hope you know what im talking about)

pyro
10-26-2005, 07:01 PM
iv been wondering the same thing for a while now.

uscharalph
10-26-2005, 07:44 PM

thanks
You (Probably) get what you pay for. Buy an EAT chip.

Incantation
10-27-2005, 01:07 AM
EAT

cheap, easy to install, and best results

sirius_GTO
10-27-2005, 12:25 PM
EAT

cheap, easy to install, and best results

You guys all say EAT and its good results. Can you tell me what kind of results to expect on a 1995 525i? Thanks

ArtemLepilov
10-27-2005, 12:53 PM
You guys all say EAT and its good results. Can you tell me what kind of results to expect on a 1995 525i? Thanks

Umm... Kind f a bump on the Flashing an EEPROM. My friend did his chip in a 944, I was wondering where to get a Flash Image for the EEPROM...

Please let me know if you had any experience in that area...

-Artem (Hopefully someone has..)

ericcamaro
10-27-2005, 01:07 PM
you have to get teh BIN file for the chip and burn it onto the chip. there are also programs which takes the stock BIN code on the chip and lets you tweak it. Thats all the image for the chip is, a .bin file

ArtemLepilov
10-27-2005, 01:11 PM
you have to get teh BIN file for the chip and burn it onto the chip. there are also programs which takes the stock BIN code on the chip and lets you tweak it. Thats all the image for the chip is, a .bin file

Yea, wondering where to get the file ;)

haha

pyro
10-27-2005, 01:38 PM
im intrested also does anyone have links to a eprom burner? schmatics? more info. seems like a cool topic

ArtemLepilov
10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
im intrested also does anyone have links to a eprom burner? schmatics? more info. seems like a cool topic

Bumpety bump on where to get the images... cmooon someone's gotta knw where to get the flash ROMS for the EEPROMs...

-Artem

Rob
10-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm sure using Bit Torrent will help you guys. ;)