PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, question concerning my 525i

sirius_GTO
10-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Well guys, I have a 95' 525i and it has 217K highway miles on it. I bought it from an original owner that did all maintanence on it. My question is, how long is this engine going to last? Right now it purrs like a cat, it makes NO noise whatsoever. I could swear that I was driving a brand new car.

I bought it for 3K. The only bad thing is the cosmetic is a little bad. No dents. just paint chip marks.

I just wanted to know how long this car was going to last because I know I got a good deal from it, and was wondering if its worth putting a paint job, new wheels, upgrade suspension, angel eyes, and new front bumper...

all in all, it will probably cost me 3K to do all of this.

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated.

angrypancake
10-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Well guys, I have a 95' 525i and it has 217K highway miles on it. I bought it from an original owner that did all maintanence on it. My question is, how long is this engine going to last? Right now it purrs like a cat, it makes NO noise whatsoever. I could swear that I was driving a brand new car.

I bought it for 3K. The only bad thing is the cosmetic is a little bad. No dents. just paint chip marks.

I just wanted to know how long this car was going to last because I know I got a good deal from it, and was wondering if its worth putting a paint job, new wheels, upgrade suspension, angel eyes, and new front bumper...

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/trouble/what_will_break.htm

uscharalph
10-26-2005, 12:28 PM

I bought mine with 218,000 miles on it. It has 229,500 now and it's running better that ever. I'm hoping for at least 300,000 or more. Just keep up the maintenance.

uscharalph
10-26-2005, 12:28 PM

Wow yours is a '95, mine is a '89

sirius_GTO
10-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Wow yours is a '95, mine is a '89

lol yah, 1995!! Im hoping to get at least 400,000 miles out of this bizzatch!

uscharalph
10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
lol yah, 1995!! Im hoping to get at least 400,000 miles out of this bizzatch!
Just keep up the maintence items and you just might.

sirius_GTO
10-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Just keep up the maintence items and you just might.
sounds good. Im the only one with the original tool kit still all in tact i believe loL!!

uscharalph
10-26-2005, 01:38 PM
sounds good. Im the only one with the original tool kit still all in tact i believe loL!!
Do you have the blue cleaning cloth? I've got my whole tool kit except the cloth and the warning triangle.

sirius_GTO
10-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Do you have the blue cleaning cloth? I've got my whole tool kit except the cloth and the warning triangle.
ok i lied hahaha. i dont have everything. just everything besides those two also hahaha!

i just need to find a new front bumper or body kit. Im going to repaint it too when winter is over. Any suggestions on bidy kits or just single front bumpers?