PDA

View Full Version : sway bar links brands?

shragon
10-26-2005, 11:14 AM
well, i did a little searching and found the following brands for sway bar links:

front
karlyn/meyle
meyle
ocap
moog
lemforder

rear
boge
meyle

i've heard mixed things about meyle, that meyle is a middleman and buys from different suppliers. lemforder seems to be the best choice, but it does cost about 2x as much as the others, is it worth it?

632 Regal
10-26-2005, 11:33 AM
I had some off brand from Bavauto that I bought just after getting my car, they worked okay but when it came time to loosen them for front end work I couldnt...had to torch them off. I then ordered a set of Lem's from BMA and those have a spot that you can use a wrench to hold the ball to loosen or tighten. I would not venture into anything else there.

uscharalph
10-26-2005, 11:47 AM
I had some off brand from Bavauto that I bought just after getting my car, they worked okay but when it came time to loosen them for front end work I couldnt...had to torch them off. I then ordered a set of Lem's from BMA and those have a spot that you can use a wrench to hold the ball to loosen or tighten. I would not venture into anything else there.
Good advice! That'll be the way I go.

shragon
10-26-2005, 11:51 AM
thanks for the info. bma does not have lemforder listed on their site for the sway bar links, but good too see they can get them. i'll just email patrick for an estimate then.

anyway, please, keep your experiences coming in!

632 Regal
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
BMA's site is by far not complete! If you order from the site put "dot info" for a discount...if you call or email they give you the better price.

thanks for the info. bma does not have lemforder listed on their site for the sway bar links, but good too see they can get them. i'll just email patrick for an estimate then.

anyway, please, keep your experiences coming in!

shragon
10-26-2005, 12:02 PM
yea, i usually just email patrick. he knows who i am, and has all my account info on file, so it's very easy to order.