PDA

View Full Version : M5 Gauges

Nick.Hay
10-26-2005, 05:08 AM
Hey all...

I heard somewhere that you can 'tune' the speedo if it reads slower/faster than actual road speed... True??

If so, could it be 'tuned' enough to read correctly if I were to put the facia of an M5 300km/h speedo in the dash?? Not replacing the whole cluster, just removing the black plastic speedo dial, and replacing it with the M5 unit??

Alot of folks here judge a car by the top speed on the dash, so if I can fit a 300km/h unit in there, will certainly raise a few eyebrows... And most of them are silly enough to believe it!!

Interceptor
10-26-2005, 06:50 AM
I heard somewhere that you can 'tune' the speedo if it reads slower/faster than actual road speed... True??

If so, could it be 'tuned' enough to read correctly if I were to put the facia of an M5 300km/h speedo in the dash?? Not replacing the whole cluster, just removing the black plastic speedo dial, and replacing it with the M5 unit??

Alot of folks here judge a car by the top speed on the dash, so if I can fit a 300km/h unit in there, will certainly raise a few eyebrows... And most of them are silly enough to believe it!!
It's cheaper to make them believe your dick is huge. :)

uscharalph
10-26-2005, 12:32 PM
It's cheaper to make them believe your dick is huge. :)
Low blow.

Interceptor
10-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Low blow.
I hope he won't hold a grudge :) After all, we all have white E34s, that counts for something, right? :)

Nick.Hay
10-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Uh... It is. ;)

Dan in NZ
10-30-2005, 02:04 AM
Yeah that could be possible with the speedo. You could always just get an M5 cluster and put it in... Not sure if it's compatible, but it's probably been done. Adding an oil temp sensor would be the big issue.

There are instructions on the web for re-calibrating the speedo.

Paul in NZ
10-30-2005, 02:50 AM
is this the obc correction???does that recal the speedo too