10-25-2005, 12:18 AM
I need this. (http://tinyurl.com/eywvj)

uscharalph
10-25-2005, 12:19 AM
That'll get rid of tailgaters! LOL!!

McWatters
10-25-2005, 05:11 AM
Lmao jesus, and how is that guys forest not burned down yet??

cheers

J.McWatters

granit_silber
10-25-2005, 06:48 AM
WOW!

33gals of Jet A for 10-15 of burn time. Ouch! One fill-up of Jet A would run almost $120US.

More importantly..........WHY?
-ashley

Gayle
10-25-2005, 06:59 AM
WOW!

33gals of Jet A for 10-15 of burn time. Ouch! One fill-up of Jet A would run almost $120US.

More importantly..........WHY?
-ashley

He is channelling Batman?

brodee
10-25-2005, 08:17 AM
He had that car on ebay about 6 months ago, guess it didn't sell then. I can't believe he still has the v6 and 5speed in it.

Torque
10-25-2005, 09:11 AM
There was a MR2 on eBay with a similar set up a while back ... A mod such as that is pretty pointless ... but how often do you get to see a car with a jet engine.

If I had the money, I'd buy it. :D

632 Regal
10-25-2005, 09:39 AM
looks like all he is trying to do is sell CD sets of the thing.

zygoteer
10-25-2005, 01:56 PM
... can't believe he still has the v6 and 5speed in it.If the photos are actually true colour, then one reason the engine is still in it, is very likely because the amount of useful energy from the gas turbine will be minimal due to wholly incorrect combustion.
That flame shown is probably about 20% Heat, 55% Light and 25% Sound ... but just maybe 0.01% usuable energy.
The second pic showing the jet stream is hardly representative either.

The lack of significant refraisal protection in the 'engine' bay also means its likely to catch fire after a matter of seconds at 100% fuelling.

Fundamentally I have difficulty with this, as a T58 with a real afterburner should be longer than the whole car ! ... and it seems to be the worlds first gas turbine that requires the addition of "high pressure air, to operate the afterburner..."
hmmm, wonder if he patented that ?

The under-car intake (wow its aluminium ! - significant weight saving that) is essentially a medium to low pressure area .. this means the air flow will 'stall' at some point breaking the compressor quite significantly.

The more you look, the more problems you find ... draw your own conclusions.

P.S. where did they relocate the original fuel tank to ? ... if its on the same side of a spillproof bulkhead as the driver (passenger?) seat then legality is out of the window.

Oh, and funny how he seems to be making a good living on video CD production etc. while nobody appears to be meeting his 'reserve'.

uscharalph
10-25-2005, 02:44 PM
If the photos are actually true colour, then one reason the engine is still in it, is very likely because the amount of useful energy from the gas turbine will be minimal due to wholly incorrect combustion.
That flame shown is probably about 20% Heat, 55% Light and 25% Sound ... but just maybe 0.01% usuable energy.
The second pic showing the jet stream is hardly representative either.

The lack of significant refraisal protection in the 'engine' bay also means its likely to catch fire after a matter of seconds at 100% fuelling.

Fundamentally I have difficulty with this, as a T58 with a real afterburner should be longer than the whole car ! ... and it seems to be the worlds first gas turbine that requires the addition of "high pressure air, to operate the afterburner..."
hmmm, wonder if he patented that ?

The under-car intake (wow its aluminium ! - significant weight saving that) is essentially a medium to low pressure area .. this means the air flow will 'stall' at some point breaking the compressor quite significantly.

The more you look, the more problems you find ... draw your own conclusions.

P.S. where did they relocate the original fuel tank to ? ... if its on the same side of a spillproof bulkhead as the driver (passenger?) seat then legality is out of the window.

Oh, and funny how he seems to be making a good living on video CD production etc. while nobody appears to be meeting his 'reserve'.
You really seem to be taking this pretty seriuosly. LOL!!

genphreak
10-25-2005, 11:36 PM
There was a MR2 on eBay with a similar set up a while back ... A mod such as that is pretty pointless ... but how often do you get to see a car with a jet engine. If I had the money, I'd buy it. :DThat's the best ricer mod I've ever seen: It bypasses most of the Japanese engine limitations in one go and actually does improve straight-line performance (without making the car's perfromance or dynamics worse)...

Notice though that it does not install in 5 minutes or stick-on :)

632 Regal
10-25-2005, 11:46 PM
I thought the install pacakage stated it was plug n play?

That's the best ricer mod I've ever seen: It bypasses most of the Japanese engine limitations in one go and actually does improve straight-line performance (without making the car's perfromance or dynamics worse)...

Notice though that it does not install in 5 minutes or stick-on :)